Quick ? about wireless tether app...

dave84krueger

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I am sure I'm rooted correctly this time. However when I download tether from the app store it always says install unsuccessful? It at least installed before when I have half rooted but now it won't? I did the checks and I have s off and I'm fully rooted.

dave84krueger

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...maybe I don't need it? I was just on Xbox Live for over 3 hours straight with full bars on my phone and my Xbox Live connection using the default Sprint WiFi Hotspot. Guess I don't need the tether then?

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...maybe I don't need it? I was just on Xbox Live for over 3 hours straight with full bars on my phone and my Xbox Live connection using the default Sprint WiFi Hotspot. Guess I don't need the tether then?

If you are on a custom rom then you shouldn't need the wireless app. Majority of the custom roms have the sprint hotspot unlock. The app is starting to become obsolete with custom roms.

Shootin4aces

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If you are on a custom rom then you shouldn't need the wireless app. Majority of the custom roms have the sprint hotspot unlock. The app is starting to become obsolete with custom roms.

definitely true!!! lots of good roms out there with that feature already built in, give a few a try and i am sure you will find something that you absolutely love!!! after playing with all the options out there for awhile, there is know way i will ever go back to a stock evo rom again :)

dave84krueger

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it works like a charm and I'm only on 3G, my area should have 4G by the end of this month, early next month.....or so Sprint claims lol.

I played online Xbox Live for 3 hours with very, very minimal occasional lag, I'm defiantly happy and take back the mean thing I said about Android :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38