still new to rooting, more confused now...

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I rooted using unrEVOked 3.3 and when I boot up using volume down and power it says S-Off, but I just tried Titanium backup and it said no root access...I had been using Rom Manager, but it didn't seem to work. Every time I would "flash" a Rom my phone would just go back to stock and look like I just got it out of the box. I'd have to set up everything but I could still use Rom Manager and restore from my backup. Can someone please help because I am not sure what I have done wrong and I want to know if I try to use unrEVOked again or use unrEVOked forever will it mess up my phone. Someone pointing me in the right direction would be awesome because I found a Sense 3.0 Rom that I'd love to use.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And if this is too complicated can someone show me how to unroot...sorry I'm kinda over this thing not working as I have followed all instructions to the T

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I rooted using unrEVOked 3.3 and when I boot up using volume down and power it says S-Off, but I just tried Titanium backup and it said no root access...I had been using Rom Manager, but it didn't seem to work. Every time I would "flash" a Rom my phone would just go back to stock and look like I just got it out of the box. I'd have to set up everything but I could still use Rom Manager and restore from my backup. Can someone please help because I am not sure what I have done wrong and I want to know if I try to use unrEVOked again or use unrEVOked forever will it mess up my phone. Someone pointing me in the right direction would be awesome because I found a Sense 3.0 Rom that I'd love to use.

Its very simple, your are rooted. You need busy box. Open titanium and hit problem, choose get busy box, downlaod complete it exits you reopen and you now have functional titanium backup.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via TapaTalk

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed my phone was not in usb debugging but now titanium says I'm good and that was before I enabled debugging. Is this not being enabled the reason I wasn't flashing correctly?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed my phone was not in usb debugging but now titanium says I'm good and that was before I enabled debugging. Is this not being enabled the reason I wasn't flashing correctly?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

That has nothing to do with flashing roms, every time you.flash a rom you need to wipe your data or you will get alot of boot loops.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via TapaTalk

oespinoza83

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I personally don't use ROM Manager. I am new to the scene and have only flashed a few of ROMS and found one I like (CM7). I used Amon_RA for all my flashing purposes and I think last I checked it was not compatible with Amon_RA.

Nandroid is not something you download. It should be built into your phone already (anyone?). I know when I installed Amon_RA, nandroid showed up as an option already and I didn't have to install it separately.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I also don't use ROM Manager. You need to install ClockworkMod Recovery in order to flash ROMs using it. I believe the premium version of ROM Manager will work with other Recoveries.

Personally, I use Amon_RA recovery and flash and backup things from there.

As for your Nandroid question. I hope I phrase this correctly, but here is how things work. The phone has NAND memory for the on device flash memory. This is where your ROM, Kernel, Recovery, Boot Loader, and Radio files are stored.

Custom recoveries like Amon_RA and ClockworkMod have the ability to make backups of this memory and those backups are referred to as NANDroids. You don't have any Nandroid backups until you create one.

FYI, Nandroid backups made with Amon_RA are not able to be restored with ClockworkMod and vice-versa.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38