Broken glass

8616v

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
My wife droped her evo and the glass broke. The display and everything else is fine. Touch even still works wich surprised me. Was wondering what options I have. Is this as simple as it looks to fix?.... or am I better off just paying the ins deductable and having sprint fix it?

popper668

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
It is simple if you have the balls. YouTube has tear down walk through's, and from eBay you can get the glass for cheap $15-20

Sent From DEEZ

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
DON'T go through insurance! Sorry for yelling. lol.

I had the same problem with my Evo. Two weeks ago, I decided to fix the screen myself. I bought a digitzer from Ebay for $13 and free shipping. It took 4 days to come from CA to GA. I just followed the Youtube video exactly. The hardest part is separating the glass from the Evo if you don't have a heat gun. So I used a blow dryer, it took me about 2 hours to get through that step, ending up that I was doing it wrong. Then I reused the same adhesive from the cracked digitzer. And you just follow the steps backwards. It seems complicated, but it's not that complicated.

However, when I was done, the touchscreen wasn't working. So I just took it to Sprint, and they gave me a brand new Evo!

If you go ahead and do it yourself, I'm here for any questions.

krocadile1

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
You can run your phone over with a tractor trailer and the touchscreen will still work, but ya you tube has a load of tear-down videos of how to replace the glass of your EVO. Or you could just pay a professional to do it. I kinda like exploring so i would try to do it myself. But thats just me

8616v

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
i was all for tearing it apart and fixing it myself but she decided she didn't want to wait...so i guess i'll be paying $100 for a $30 repair....marriage is wonderful...

scrufton

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I tried fixing one once and I broke the lcd. Easy mistake. I wouldn't try it again.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If you live in the city area like Boston there are many shops down there that can repair it for you! Look around. It might be cheap. I always have gone my own repairs to my electronics.

8616v

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
well sprint gave her some plantronics backbeat bluetooth head set so...i can at least convince my self that i really didn't waste as much cash...and they ended up replaceing the phone anyway cause the power botton was apparently broken...

Arty1302

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
LOL im a repair technician at Sprint and all I can say is that this is an easy fix, of course with the right tools as the other user commented. But hey nice to hear that the Sprint store you went to didn't use the screen being broken to not exchange your phone because of the button. Hope your new evo works out great buddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87