Retrieving Data from Broken S9

Sophiarlo

Feb 16, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

i have a Samsung S9 that was on charge one night and then decided to basically stop working by the morning . It has had the samsung logo come up constantly and vibrates when plugged into a charger and doesnt do anything else. i looked online and couldnt work out what to do and how to fix it as my laptop would not recognise the device plugged in so i was unable to use any recovery programs ( yes i confirmed it was just that device and other were recognised fine by my laptop when plugged in ).

I was advised today i need to flash the firmware or something like that so when i went to start that , it said online to make sure the phone is fully charged. I plugged it in and thought ill leave it as long as possible as i have no idea how charged it is due to the screen damage and it not going any further than the logo .
When going to get the phone off charge, it had changed the screen for some reason and was asking what i would like to do , the options were :

reboot system
clear cache
view cache partion etc

i pulled the charger out andc the phone instantly turned off and i hadnt selected anything. i then thought i will try turn it on using the volume down,power and bixby key and it turned on and come up with a blue/green screen saying OS warning critical or something.
so i google what to do and it said to hold the down key and power key for 7 seconds and it will stop that warning . it did but then it changed it to saying it was downloading something and then it said online to stop that and hold the power key or something for a few seconds which i did and now it is back to the screen asking what i would like to do ( as stated above, options like reboot , view cache etc)

i have left it sitting like that on charge and dont want to make another error so could someone please tell me what do i do now ???? i am sooooo lost !

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like part of the problem is that the battery has failed if the phone shuts off immediately after unplugging it.

What kind of data are you trying to retrieve? It wasn't backed up or synced anywhere?

Sophiarlo

Feb 16, 2023
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy . I have wondered the same if it is the battery . If it is and I put another battery in there, will I still have the same issue as far as getting into the phone etc ?
I'm after basically my text messages in there , no they weren't backed up unfortunately. I'm honestly so lost with working out how to fix it and it's extremely hard for me to actually understand any of the pages on google say as there are so many different answers and I don't understand what half the things they are telling me to do mean . I'd honestly appreciate any help and even if you could recommend a program or something that might be able to ?
I was so overwhelmed even trying to work out how to flash the phone so I didn't do it .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the main problem is the battery, then replacing it might be all that's necessary -- but make sure to tell the repair shop not to wipe your phone as part of their workflow.

Unfortunately, if you can't successfully boot the phone, and if the messages are only stored locally on the phone, then you won't be able to retrieve them. You can try contacting your carrier to see if there is any other way get a copy of the messages.

Sophiarlo

Feb 16, 2023
Visit site
S9 restart issues

Hi Guys ,

i asked a question about my S9 last week and issues with it not turning on and then when on charge it would be stuck with samsung logo etc.
someone suggested it might be the battery so i changed the battery over today and it chargedand showed it charging which it hasnt done and then i turned it on.
when i turned it on , it turned on and went to the screen fir me to unlock it , i put the pattern in to unlock it and it unlocked but then freezes for a second and then restarts itself over and over.
Can anyone tell me what its doing and how to fix this please ??

Thankyou :)

Sophiarlo

Feb 16, 2023
Visit site
haha no worries thankyou , im still new to this site sorry.
Im not sure how to even get it to stop restarting its doing it again and again so i dont know how to get into the recovery menu ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How long did you let it charge before trying to turn the phone on? If the battery is still very low, it still might go into a bootloop like this. Force a shutdown by pressing and holding Power for about 20 seconds (on Samsung, you might have to press and hold Power and Vol Down for 20 seconds). Then let it charge for at least 6 hours undisturbed. Then try powering back on.

Sophiarlo

Feb 16, 2023
Visit site
As soon as i sent the last reply , i managed to get it to another screen (unfortunately the damage on the screen also makes it hard to know wehat the bottom left is saying and it is saying this

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That might be difficult to fix, since it looks like corruption.
@mustang7757, does the "starlte" mean this is actually a custom ROM? I couldn't quite figure that out from doing a web search.

Sophiarlo

Feb 16, 2023
Visit site
That would be my luck ! Is there any chance then because it is now charging and atleast turning on , that it would now be recognised by my laptop and if so , could i try one of those programs like Android recovery etc to retrieve the data or will it not work and be a waste of money ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow