Best Buy To Offer Free Bluetooth With Evo Activations

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm a Best Buy Mobile Manager and I we just got info around what we are doing to match the Radio Shack $20 offer. We will NOT match that offer as a company. Instead we've decided to trump their offer. We will be giving away a Plantronics 230 ($40 value) with any HTC Evo 4G activation. We will receive extra stock in order to be able to fulfill customer demand.

This is not something that some random poster is making up. You will see this offer being called out on TV ads during the first month of launch.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this or anything else Best Buy Related.

lawmangrant

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I do love me some best buy, but honestly, I would rather have the 40 towards anything for my evo, screen protectors, car chargers, etc...
I personally hate the little bluetooth headsets.

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Yea, guys I understand where you are coming from, I'm sure some locations will handle that on a case by case basis.

And Desairs. You might wanna read this...
"*Offer valid with this coupon through 6/27/2010 at participating stores. Limit one coupon per person. Apple? Products, gaming hardware/software, laptops/netbooks, gift cards, services, special orders, and online and phone orders excluded. May not be combined with certain other discounts. No cash value. No photocopies. Void where prohibited."

So that will only be $20 off... but you don't like Best Buy and that's okay. We still love you.

Last edited:

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea, guys I understand where you are coming from, I'm sure some locations will handle that on a case by case basis.

And Desairs. You might wanna read this...
"*Offer valid with this coupon through 6/27/2010 at participating stores. Limit one coupon per person. Apple? Products, gaming hardware/software, laptops/netbooks, gift cards, services, special orders, and online and phone orders excluded. May not be combined with certain other discounts. No cash value. No photocopies. Void where prohibited."

So that will only be $20 off... but you don't like Best Buy and that's okay. We still love you.

Just a FYI those coupons can work on Phone sales as long as an accessory is added on the same ticket. If its ONLY the phone it wont. It seems to trick the system. (You get 20$ free anyways, no reason to not have accessories at that point)

And pretty smart marketing from BestBuy there.. Offer a 40 dollar item (really costs about 12$) and look amazing to the general public.

desairs

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh I didn't see that. I would still rather choose and what I get than get a BT I'll never use. I already have BT in my car and I don't even use that.

As for Best Buy, the only reason I hate the place is because of the attitude that a majority of the employees have along with their unwillingness to go beyond the bare minimum. I'm not saying that everyone is like that, but the majority of employees in my local stores are sub par.

EDIT: Oh and why wouldn't they just give us a case? Most people want one anyways and it costs BB less. Always shafting the customer ;)

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh I didn't see that. I would still rather choose and what I get than get a BT I'll never use. I already have BT in my car and I don't even use that.

As for Best Buy, the only reason I hate the place is because of the attitude that a majority of the employees have along with their unwillingness to go beyond the bare minimum. I'm not saying that everyone is like that, but the majority of employees in my local stores are sub par.

EDIT: Oh and why wouldn't they just give us a case? Most people want one anyways and it costs BB less. Always shafting the customer ;)

I know it sucks, Sometimes I go into other (BBY) locations and I wonder who was in charge of staffing, but 'I guess you get that with any company. I'm sorry for any less than superior shopping experience that you've got at best buy.

Best Buy Mobile is a completely separate branch of the company (Mobile Phones | Contract Phones | Cheap Mobile Phone Deals & SIMs) And we try to have higher staffing expectations. If you have any issues with any Mobile Employee, you should take that issue to the Best Buy Mobile manager and I'm we'll do anything to attempt to make our customers happy.

And the bluetooth instead of the case is probably due to a contract with plantronics.

Last edited:

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
So that means that any $20 accessory you can purchase from RS really costs $6

come on, that's not very professional as BB manager to insult other retailer like that. so you were say all items in BB are so not over priced, but RS does?

Dont get me wrong, I like BB, my local store offers good service and suggestion at the most of time. My understanding to what D said there is, as a EVO4G customer, we want to have something really awesome to match EVO, so case, dock will the top choice. Imagine this, BT stuff is not something so fancy now, guess everyone has one or two, so it's not that so attractive to everyone, even it might be worth $40

Last edited:

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So that means that any $20 accessory you can purchase from RS really costs $6

Play nice mkay? I just got done saying good job Bestbuy to you.. and thats the response :(

Best Buy Mobile is a completely separate branch of the company (Mobile Phones | Contract Phones | Cheap Mobile Phone Deals & SIMs) And we try to have higher staffing expectations. If you have any issues with any Mobile Employee, you should take that issue to the Best Buy Mobile manager and I'm we'll do anything to attempt to make our customers happy.

This is a major point to be made. While I by no means enjoy BestBuy as a company, I really wish this point could be made stronger.

Typically from my secret shopping I do (It lets me learn my competition better) I've noticed BBM employees are more focused and concerned about you purchasing something vs regular BestBuy employees and how they hate you for attempting to talk to them.

desairs

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmm interesting. A funny thing happened to me on Monday. I went to BBY to preorder the phone and see if they would match RS with the $20. I stood in the modile phone section for 25 minutes without any acknowledgment that I was there. One chick was talking to a customer (understandable) and the other was stocking something in a shelf. I would have taken a "Hey give me a few minutes" or "We'll be with you shortly." This pretty much just put it over the edge for me. It was store 1130 in TN.

desairs

May 16, 2010
Visit site
come on, that's not very professional as BB manager to insult other retailer like that. so you were say all items in BB are so not over priced, but RS does?

Dont get me wrong, I like BB, my local store offers good service and suggestion at the most of time. My understanding to what D said there is, as a EVO4G customer, we want to have something really awesome to match EVO, so case, dock will the top choice. Imagine this, BT stuff is not something so fancy now, guess everyone has one or two, so it's not that so attractive to everyone, even it might be worth $40

Not an insult just a fact. The car charger costs RS less than $6 it's just a fact. Do you think that the $40 HDMI cables at BBY cost anywhere near that? No it's more like $2.93 or something close to that.

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site

Dont get me wrong, I like BB, my local store offers good service and suggestion at the most of time.

I wasn't trying to insult another Radio Shack and I apologize if it came off that way. My intention was to point out that all retail stores mark their products up from wholesale cost in order to stay afloat.

desairs

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't trying to insult another Radio Shack and I apologize if it came off that way. My intention was to point out that all retail stores mark their products up from wholesale cost in order to stay afloat.

Not an insult just a fact. The car charger costs RS less than $6 it's just a fact. Do you think that the $40 HDMI cables at BBY cost anywhere near that? No it's more like $2.93 or something close to that.

Beat me to it! :D