EVO's for sale on Ebay

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So if we buy one on eBay, use the 30 free days, can we then go month to month on Sprint? Or maybe just a 1 year contract? Or do they make you sign a 2 year no matter what?

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
So if we buy one on eBay, use the 30 free days, can we then go month to month on Sprint? Or maybe just a 1 year contract? Or do they make you sign a 2 year no matter what?

Or just do an ESN change online and put the EVO on your number. when the month is up. Since I have an everything plan I'm forwarding my cell number to the temp EVO number and only carry one phone.

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am not a current sprint customer, but after the 30 free days, I am hoping I can go month to month instead of signing a two year contract since i already have the phone?

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am not a current sprint customer, but after the 30 free days, I am hoping I can go month to month instead of signing a two year contract since i already have the phone?

They'll tell you no, but I've seen it done, bring em a phone get on a plan month to month.

If anything, sign up for sprint, get the evo at the discount and sell the extra EVO on ebay and make back $400-$450

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site

If you will be new to Sprint they will require 2yr contract. If you are already a customer and you have the phone already then there is no need to renew your contract

Setite

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Why the hell would they require a contract if you own the phone free and clear? Isn't that the point of buying phones secondhand, to avoid contracts?

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
damn did everyone at the show get a free evo cuz there is a lot on ebay. Guess they don't want the phone either or want to make a quick buck

McBong

May 18, 2010
Visit site
damn did everyone at the show get a free evo cuz there is a lot on ebay. Guess they don't want the phone either or want to make a quick buck

Yes, everyone got an Evo and as much as I am anxiously waiting to get my hands on one, I too would sell it if I am going to have to sign a 2 year contract with Sprint. So best course of action is to sell it for a quick $500-600, turn right around go to The Shack, preorder and pay $199. Easy $300-400 profit. Make sense? :cool:

MsRandall

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I am an existing customer so I activated my evo on the temp line to make sure I liked it. Today a mere 14 hours later I will be calling the special evo activation line to place it on my primary line.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I am an existing customer so I activated my evo on the temp line to make sure I liked it. Today a mere 14 hours later I will be calling the special evo activation line to place it on my primary line.

1. review? impressions?

2. special EVO activation line?

dion

May 12, 2010
Visit site
If any of you are interested, I've got one opened and one unopened Evo from I/O for sale. I'll sell the opened for $550 + shipping and the unopened for $600 + shipping.

They gave us a special number to call for support. (The general support people don't know much about why we have Evos)

Either way, its a very nice phone, but I'm on AT&T with a Nexus at the moment and stuck in the contract for another year :(

jkmbaum

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't hold back...I was going to pay full price for one anyway.... so I did Buy-In now and got back 48 buck via bing ...so only paid about 43 dollars extra, so i guess that 43 buck well spent.

Last edited:

forceOnature

May 16, 2010
Visit site
They gave us a special number to call for support. (The general support people don't know much about why we have Evos)

dion, can you tell me what the support # you're talking about is? I want to find out if these Google I/O Evos come with warranty. Thanks