Gmail and other things wont Sync

adpmoney

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
i've had my Evo since launch and for some reason maybe one of the updates but my Gmail and other wont sync at all manually or on its own i dont know what the problem is but i go in to settings and try but it wont, i have restarted it and taken the battery out and still not working. Any suggestions?

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried going to Settings > Accounts & Sync to remove and re-add your google account?

Another thing you can do in the Accounts & Sync is to click on your google account, then make sure that Gmail is checked.

If that doesn't work, then try going to Settings > Applications > All and find Gmail. There, clear data and cache, then uninstall any updates (if you have the option to uninstall it itself, you can do that and re-download it from the marketplace).

Once you uninstall any updates, launch the Market app. It'll say "Updates found!" and Gmail will be sitting right there. Update it and that should work.

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Settings > Accounts & Sync > Click on your google account > Make sure what you want checked is checked, and they will sync

If they are all checked, and still won't sync, make sure you're phone is connected to some form of internet. 3G, 4G, Wifi, w/e, then retry the stuff above.

If that doesn't work still, are you rooted?

-If so, reflash your current ROM or flash a different ROM. This could be a bug?
-If not, you can try to remove any new apps you've installed right before this issue came up. If that doesn't work, then you can try a Factory Reset.

When it comes to software problems like this, it's really hard to troubleshoot. :-\

WEMguy

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Physchofox 13,

This option worked for me except I didn't have to clear data, just had to uninstall updates:

then try going to Settings > Applications > All and find Gmail. There, clear data and cache, then uninstall any updates (if you have the option to uninstall it itself, you can do that and re-download it from the marketplace).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez