help me! My friends gonna get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ienjoysoup08

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
ok this may sound mean. But my friend was going to get a new phone he is one sprint and I had told him how the droid sucks but android is good. He then says the droid is great and I bring up the evo and now he wants it! And his upgrade is 1 month before mine! I tryed to scare him away saying it cost 40 dollors more because he is looking for a deal. What else should I do to scare him away. He is not a techie. My upgrade is in july while he already has his. He loves apple. So I'm trying to get him to buy a iphone (i know that's terribal but I havnt spent months looking at every thing about andorid just for my nontechie friend to come steal my thunder!

Last edited:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I fail to see why you want to scare him away from the Evo? Is it just because he will get his before yours? If you both qualify for an upgrade within the next month or two, I am sure Sprint might let you upgrade early.

If you want to have it before him, then bone up the dough. Gotta pay if you wanna play!

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
stop being selfish

ok this may sound mean. But my friend was going to get a new phone he is one sprint and I had told him how the droid sucks but android is good. He then says the droid is great and I bring up the evo and now he wants it! And his upgrade is 1 month before mine! I tryed to scare him away saying it cost 40 dollors more because he is looking for a deal. What else should I do to scare him away. He is not a techie. My upgrade is in july while he already has his. He loves apple. So I'm trying to get him to buy a iphone (i know that's terribal but I havnt spent months looking at every thing about andorid just for my nontechie friend to come steal my thunder!

Or you could be excited for your friend getting an awesome new phone instead of pissing in his lemonade. A real friend would encourage his friend to get the best device they could.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Or you could be excited for your friend getting an awesome new phone instead of pissing in his lemonade. A real friend would encourage his friend to get the best device they could.

I agree with you but whatever dude...

If you really wanna sell him on something else, you can tell him the Droid doesn't suck, which they don't...any of them..well except the Eris...but anyway...

2.2 and 2.3 are right around the corner. Evo ships with 2.1 and while they said that 2010 2.1 HTC phones will get 2.2 this year, they never said when exactly and nothing about 2.3.

Another option is trying to sell him on iPhone 4G. Supposedly comes out this summer (I don't follow iPhone, so I don't know for sure).

And last but not least, I keep hearing on many forums excluding this one that the Android "God Phone" will be released this December. I take that with a grain of salt but your "non-techie" friend may hold it with high regards.

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Why wouldn't you want him to get it? If he got it, you'd have 100x more chances to play with it before you bought it. Plus, if you really are as bad of a friend as you make out to be, why not screw around and try to hack his phone before you root yours, so in case you brick it, no harm done to you.

Patrick-D

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Wow. Definition of classiness right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez