Play podcast at 2x speed?

bimp

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if the media player on the EVO can play music/podcasts at 2X speed?

Just put in my pre-order for the EVO at Radio Shack and really excited to get my hands on it next week. Now looking at all the things I've gotten used to on my iPhone and seeing the equivalent on the EVO and Android. Playing audio at 2X speed is one thing I'm curious about.

Thanks!

elbaso

Apr 14, 2010
about.me
I would also like to know the answer to this question, as I'd like to leave my iPod Touch at home, and only listen to podcasts on my Evo when I get it.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This is a feature I use when listening to every podcast on my Ipod. I was curious about this feature in Android podcast players but never asked. I'm glad someone opened a thread because I'd like to know.

tobor

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, good question. I'm also curious how Android phones handle podcasts. On the iPhone you can access them via a discreet menu tab under Music. Does Android have a way of organizing & displaying podcasts as a separate category from music?

extrafuzzyllama

May 8, 2010
Visit site
well u can use the google listen app or one app i use is beyondpod and u can fast forward on beyondpod but i dont see a setting for listening at 2x speed

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The thing I LOVE about my Playstation 3 is that you can play back DVD, Blu-rays, and video files at 1.5X speed with audio. I watched the Google I/O Android keynote in HD (downloaded it from YouTube) in a half-hour, saving 15 mins. It's great for watching extras, listening to commentaries, or zipping thru TV series. They don't sound like chipmunks, but music sounds weird and accents or fast-talking can be garbled. I wish my Xbox and HD DVD decks could do that. I've had a couple of other DVD players (one JVC, one Denon) that could do it, too. It'd be awesome for podcasts or audio books.

ctwilliams

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been unable to find an app that does it...BUT, you can use podshifter to make a custom feed of your podcast that is sped up or slowed down to whatever you specifiy..

podshifter.com

that being said, I hope they come out with this option. I got spoiled on the iphone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty