Fring first with two-way video calling

PanzyDog

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have a EVO and want to test it out with me? Hit me on Skype user name "panzicas" already tested it from EVO to desktop and wow! Now want to try it from EVO to EVO.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have a EVO and want to test it out with me? Hit me on Skype user name "panzicas" already tested it from EVO to desktop and wow! Now want to try it from EVO to EVO.

if you try it, record it so that we can see please. try on 3g wifi and 4g if possible.

Thanks!

PanzyDog

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Its remarkable fluid. I was using our local WiFi so that may be why it looked so good. That is also why I want to try it with another EVO user using just 3G.

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
I just tried it too with a friend on Skype. It was awesome! People in my office were oooing and awwwing :)

My Fring name is ecaggiani.

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
Just had a video call with PanzyDog! My phone just started ringing, and sure enough it was a Fring call :)

Video was a bit choppy but Panzy said he had a low wifi signal. And I'm on my company wifi, so not sure how good a connection it is. But it was very usable!

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
so, do you need Skype or another 3rd party software for this to work, or, if you and your friend on a EVO both download and install Fring,l it just works?

thanks

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
so, do you need Skype or another 3rd party software for this to work, or, if you and your friend on a EVO both download and install Fring,l it just works?

thanks

Exactly it works fring --> fring or fring --> skype and vice versa. This is going to be amazing i cant wait. Especially since my parents moved to Australia and love to skype.

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just had a video call with PanzyDog! My phone just started ringing, and sure enough it was a Fring call :)

Video was a bit choppy but Panzy said he had a low wifi signal. And I'm on my company wifi, so not sure how good a connection it is. But it was very usable!

so it was wifi connection to wifi connection? what about 3g/4g? should be similar right?

ShadoX

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got back from my local Radioshack where they let me play with the demo Evo4g they received today for about 90 minutes. I installed fring on it and made some calls to skype users to, it works pretty good!

tndave

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Exactly it works fring --> fring or fring --> skype and vice versa. This is going to be amazing i cant wait. Especially since my parents moved to Australia and love to skype.

I'm from Australia, can't wait to do some mobile skyping back home from me Evo!

static821

May 11, 2010
Visit site
so it was wifi connection to wifi connection? what about 3g/4g? should be similar right?

My wife and I tried it 3g -> 3g over our Evo's this afternoon (No 4g here yet). It was surprisingly smooth and completely usable. We're going to try it over wifi when I get home tonight to see if there's a quality difference.

All in all, it was a VERY cool experience. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress