So what has your Best Buy told you re: pre-order? Mine was interesting..

dastrey

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy is terrible. The last time I bought a phone there they programmed everything for me like I was a little kid. Then they tried to sucker me into buying over-priced accessories with a small discount. Don't get me started on their rip-off insurance that they try to sell you, making you feel like you are taking a huge risk if you don't buy it. I am glad to take my business to Radio Shack.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
Is it too late to pre-order from best buy. I don't care if I'm among the June 4th list. I'd gladly wait until June 9th, etc. I'd just like to get a blue tooth and maybe another accessory for free.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how the BB repair plan compares to the Sprint insurance?
I once got a free 52" Sony Bravia HDTV off BB's replacement plan, so I'm never in too much of a hurry to dismiss it.
Just want to know comparative specifics if possible.

Difference is, BB will even allow water damage, no having to pay $100 for replacement phone. Don't cover lost/stolen phones, everything else is okay..

Downside to theirs, they can and will take up to 30 days to try and "repair" your phone, but you'll get a loaner phone.

What he said , But it took 49 days for me to get my Pre back.. I am going with TEP now..

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
So you don't think BB will do it for the heck of doing it? It's too late to pre order the launch day device, right?

I honestly don't know if they will or not, but I believe I read somewhere it was only for launch day pre-orders. The last day for launch day pre-orders was the 21st, but hey maybe your store has one spot still open? It's worth a try...

fredd0

May 18, 2010
Visit site
best buy is taking preorders for june 9th pickup.

to the guy who didn't like BBY Mobile setting up the phone. We do that as a courtesy, if you want to do it yourself, just let us know. we would rather set up the features for you and show you around the phone. i would bet only about 10-20% of the customers we deal with are tech savy with phones, and the rest appreciate our help.

fredd0

May 18, 2010
Visit site
What he said , But it took 49 days for me to get my Pre back.. I am going with TEP now..

not that it helps you, but if it took that long, the store most likely did something wrong. more than 30 days usually means the store delayed the process. TEP is an alternative, but you spend $100 more (less $3 per month of service) for the privilage of getting the phone faster. example you have the plan for 14 months and file TEP, you have spent $198 ($7/mo + $100 deductible) with BB you have only spent $140.

for a premier line, GSBTP usually works out better. say at 11 mos the screen cracks, either wait a month without a phone having paid $77, or send it out to BB ($99) and get it fixed, most likely when it comes back you will be ready for an upgrade, and you can sell your fixed phone or trade it back in to best buy and get gift cards for it on the spot.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I talked to the manager of the phone side today. The people getting the phone on the 4the 4th will get a $40 plantronic bluetooth headset for free! I don't use hearing aids yet, but I really like BT headsets that are load.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
not that it helps you, but if it took that long, the store most likely did something wrong. more than 30 days usually means the store delayed the process. TEP is an alternative, but you spend $100 more (less $3 per month of service) for the privilage of getting the phone faster. example you have the plan for 14 months and file TEP, you have spent $198 ($7/mo + $100 deductible) with BB you have only spent $140.

for a premier line, GSBTP usually works out better. say at 11 mos the screen cracks, either wait a month without a phone having paid $77, or send it out to BB ($99) and get it fixed, most likely when it comes back you will be ready for an upgrade, and you can sell your fixed phone or trade it back in to best buy and get gift cards for it on the spot.

Yes there was a problem the BBYM employee who was helping me was so entranced in texting he literally put my cell phone serial number of my Pre as "123456" I wish I was lying... So the repair center had to send it back to Best Buy due to the phone having the wrong serial number.... This ruined my experience with the BBYM Black Tie protection, and I bet you understand why now..

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I stopped by the BB I preordered mine at to see if anyone happened to cancel their appointment so I could be moved up. They said I could just stop in in the morning and if they aren't busy they could activate my phone then. Hopefully they can get me in... I don't want to wait until 5:30PM. ;)

praytorain

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy in Kokomo, IN just told me that it depends where you are on the list on whether you need an appointment, I said I was #2 and he said I could come in when I want (not sure why some need an appointment and others do not). They are not giving away a bluetooth headset and they are not matching the Radio Shack offer.

bronconia

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I was called by my BB yesterday, but missed the call. The message said I was first in line on friday at 8 (they're opening early). Called back, someone else had gotten it, but I set up an appointment at 830. Asked me if I'd like the invisishield (I said yes), they're going to be pre-installing them to move things along!

Stoked.

Norwester

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I got a call from BB earlier today and they said I could have a 9:00am app. or come in anytime between 10:00 and 8:30. No brainer,I'll be there early.

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I was just told that my BB is expecting the phones in the next day or so, and that they would call after they arrived to make appts. I was also told that although they had heard that about the free bluetooth, they didn't know if they would be giving them out. They didn't have a demo phone but I did get to see some of the "Platinum" cases, they didn't look like anything special to me.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
When I went in, they did not know the store was opening at 8am. So all the appointments they were making were 10am on. The manager walked by and told them we are opening at 8am. So I took that slot! I am the FIRST at that Best Buy to get it! They did tell me about the BLueTooth headset, but nothing about an extra memory card.

iamthejosh

May 29, 2010
Visit site
If you dont mind me asking, which Orlando BB?
I preordered with the one in Altemonte. They never called me and my anxiety finally won over so I called them, they said they would be doing appointments and the let me go ahead and set mine up (I was a high number on the preorder list, so I was excited to go ahead and lock in my time).

I guess maybe if you are t the one on 50 it would be less busy and not need preorders.

But who knows what these guys are doing, right? :)

Mall at Milena BB. Altamote is closer to me I should have just done it there...

singingmua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I am a part of the "second wave" of pre-orders, expected to get the EVO on 6/9, and I just called my BB this a.m. to inquire about the possibility of being able to get mine on Friday instead.

They say that they haven't gotten their shipment in yet, but expect to get it tomorrow or at the latest on thursday. Once they know how many they have, they will call people who are a part of the second wave to let them know if they have extra for them and they can come get it on Friday, or no they don't have extra and they still have to wait until next week. But either way, they will call everyone and let them know where they stand and to make an appt.

She also said that they expect to have the next shipment in by Monday or Tuesday next week (6/7 or 6/8).

Hoping I get a call saying I can come on Friday, though!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non