Cigarette lighter car dock that charges?

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for a cigarette lighter holder/mount/dock that will charge the phone also. I've done some research, and I have found one by Arkon that says it will do it, but it doesn't come with a charger and rather just kinda acts as a pass-through for your cig lighter socket, thus giving you yet another cigarette lighter socket.

So I guess the catch here is that I don't want more cables hanging out from some gawdy atrocity just to hold my phone!! Seriously I think it's a little strange that people don't seem to have a problem with crazy cables coming out everywhere.

Ideally, it would be a dock that plugs in to the cigarette lighter - something made specifically for the EVO 4G so that it has the connector built in so that it can pull the charge from the cig lighter socket and push it to the EVO through that connector.

Is that so much to ask? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

MikeyrInFL#AC

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I can't be sure why no one has replied to your post but I suspect they may not have fully understood what you described. I have seen the type of cigarette lighter charging cradle that you describe, but never for an EVO 4G. My solution is to use a windshield mounted cradle with a normal car charger. Good luck in your search. :)

Chuckles 135

May 19, 2011
Visit site
My wife actually got this one about a month ago and loves it so much she actually got rid of her Garmin GPS that she had in there. If you look around on ebay you can get a really good deal but here is the link w/ all the details.

seidioonline.com

Also if you don't like the car dock program that comes with your phone. Try Car Home Ultra. Both me and my wife have it on our phones and it's really nice. They have a free 30 day trial version in the market but after the 30 days you have to pay for it if you want to continue using it.

https://market.android.com/details?id=spinninghead.carhome&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsInNwaW5uaW5naGVhZC5jYXJob21lIl0.