The official "I have my EVO 4G" thread...

Sho_Nuff_3000

May 14, 2010
www.twitter.com
I got mine and I love it!

Last edited:

jcorcione

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
YIKES!! Over three Pages?? oh does anyone want to buy an HTC Hero?? :p.. Can you say EBAY? lol.

Congrats to everyone who has posted, Got my EVO in the Kansas City Area Sprint store in the Power and Light District. Even met Dan Hesse Himself. I am giving the HTC EVO the triple S rating Sleek, Smooth, and Sexy!! oh and by the way BLAZING 4 G Speed!!

C01E

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I was first to show up at my local store about 7:25AM, Got the first evo they had, But it took about an hour to set it up due to me being on a EPRP, They had to call it in to force the activation, No big deal, GOT MAH EVO! :)

Almost forgot to say, Got the OTA update about the SD problem about a mile down the road from the sprint store, The phone had been on for a good 5 minutes!

jcorcione

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I was first to show up at my local store about 7:25AM, Got the first evo they had, But it took about an hour to set it up due to me being on a EPRP, They had to call it in to force the activation, No big deal, GOT MAH EVO! :)

Almost forgot to say, Got the OTA update about the SD problem about a mile down the road from the sprint store, The phone had been on for a good 5 minutes!

So THAT'S What the update was for. I was like dang already?? ;)

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Someone at Best Buy decided it was a good time to do a system update right before they started to activate Evo's. So it took me, the 1st person, and hour and a half to get it done. Other then that, I am loving the phone so far.

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
just got home with my evo. I got to the sprint store around 7:45. there were maybe 12 people there. Many people didnt get the evo because they didnt have the 150 upgrade. I sat maybe 5 minutes playing with the model phone. In total i was at the store maybe an hour and 30 mins. The system was soo slow and busy because of all the activations. It was certainly worth it, I lOVE this phone!!!...Its beautiful. I just downloaded google goggles and twitter so far.

dougsyo

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine - Youngstown (Boardman) OH 44512. The CSR I was working with had sold two before mine.

I was REALLY impressed with how fast the web rendered on it, because even on WIFI my Tilt2 (Touch Pro 2) renders pages slowly, regardless of web browser.

They bought my Tilt2 for more than enough to pay off my ATT early termination fee, and as a credit union member I'm getting 10% off monthly.

This rocks! Now I just need to get it all set up and etc.

Doug

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Picked mine up at RS @ 8am. Clerk figured I was smarter than the average bear so he just gave me the checklist of things he was supposed to show me.

First Impressions:

Ummm....I started to write this four hours ago, but been too busy playing with it. Get back to you later.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, i was late to work and almost didnt get my EVO but my prayers went through and the computers came back up. I have convinced 2 people to get EVO's already just playing with mine. Its going to be a great day!

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Despite the wait at RS, I got to activate mine at home once my number ported. Everything went smoothly. It's a lovely phone and really not over-large (which was worrying me a bit). In fact, right now I'm a little overwhelmed. So many options, so many customization features, and I haven't even downloaded anything yet! Coming from an iPhone 2G, it's a revelation. I have 4G here (one 'bar') but it works, and I have a stronger signal in my apartment than with AT&T. So far so good, but I've got some learning to do.

kenjancef

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Got mine this morning at The Shack, clerk had MAJOR issues with activating on Sprint's web site, had to call Sprint over phone, was on hold for about 20 minutes... all I could do was look at the phone, sitting on the counter, with no battery... waiting... and waiting.... :(

By the way... I got to The Shack at about 7:30am, thinking that there would be a line... I was the ONLY one there up till 9am!! They said they only had 3 pre-orders.... 3!!!! That's it?!?!?!?!

But now I'm stylin' my EVO!!!! This thing ROCKS!!!! Dying to try out Qik... took me a while to sign up for that too...

Ken

Last edited:

abrown00

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Picked mine up at the shack (air quotes), or rather I waited around for an hour and picked it up at noon. Wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have my almost two year old with me. Ah, but the wait is over and even after all the hype, this phone exceeds my expectations. By the way the salesman said that Sprint was activating 300,000 evo's which is what took so long. I hope that is case because everyone should get little taste of heaven.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Got mine, all I can say is this the best phone EVER!!!!! i:Di
No regrets at all in anyway... Worth all the effort.

LOVE IT!!!!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89