Will you be depressed if your store is sold out tomorrow?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I get a heavy discount through Sprint (40% off new equipment), so I really couldn't justify pre-ordering the EVO from a retailer.

My Pre decided to wipe itself Sunday, so all the homebrew apps and patches are gone. I think it somehow sensed it's impending retirement and is mad at me. I figured I could live with a stock phone for a week as I didn't feel like putting anymore time into my beloved Pre after it's failed me yet again.

Needless to say I'm anticipating the phone even more now. I refuse to "camp out" on principle, but I will roll by the store around 7:30. If there's anything going on I'll wait 30 minutes, if not I'll grab a quick breakfast.

I waited for the Pre for what, 6 months so I was really giddy for it. The EVO I've only been into for around a month so there isn't as much as anticipation. Still, today has started to drag waiting for 8 am tomorrow.

So how many people out there will be devastated if they can't get their hands on an EVO tomorrow?

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got another call from my local BB to confirm my appt and ask if I want accessories. He said they have NO extra phones, only enough for preorders - I will you luck

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got another call from my local BB to confirm my appt and ask if I want accessories. He said they have NO extra phones, only enough for preorders - I will you luck

I'm sure the phone will sell out fast, just don't know how many people willing to get to the store well before it opens.

There are tons of Best Buys and Radio Shacks around here, as well as 4 corporate Sprint Stores within 10 miles so that should help.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt say I would be depressed ... More like PISSED ... lol ... I didnt pre order so I will be in line about 1 1/2hrs before my Sprint Corp store opens the door ... Having goodbye time with my pre playing those nice 3d games .

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ill be bummed for sure, I visited a Radio Shack in Philly to see if they had a demo model, guy was lik "yeah I have one, but I cant let you look at it" wtf I was heart broken. I then called the semi local RS when I got home, they only have 4 extra EVO's and they open at 930, I also called the nearby Sprint corporate store, explained to the employee I wouldnt be able to get there early, I wanted to know if they had a solid number of them, the guy says "I cant give out that info, I cant give out any info until tomorrow" dude I didnt ask for actual inventory numbers, man they are being tight lipped about anything with this phone

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I would be beyond pissed if anything delays my time with My Precious.... Especially since I pre-ordered. I can just see myself going to the RS to see a firetruck hosing it down.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I won't be upset. When I get, I get it. I am going to order from Telesales and be patient to get it by Monday or Tuesday, so I could at least get a screen protector and a case.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I will not, not get it tomorrow. RS #1 at 4:45AM, if there's more than 3 people, no pre order ahead of me then I go to RS #2, if that's tapped out it's to the diner for some breakfast then to the Sprint store.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I was not dumb enough to take a chance and wait so I Pre-ordered on the first day to lock it in. Got my case and holster just waiting for the phone.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
It is only 4:30pm here and I want to go to bed now so I can get up in the morning to get my Evo. Am I the only one?

Also, Sprint Stores should have them. They got 100's each. But... There is that little $100 mail in rebate thing through them. So plan on dropping $300 plus tax on $300 then getting $100 back months later.

Last edited:

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
"Will you be depressed if your store is sold out tomorrow?"

After I pick mine up, I couldn't care less if the store burned to the ground, much less sold out. ;)

MNofsinger

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I get mine at 9:00AM. Best Buy called this afternoon to confirm my appointment and to see if I want any accessories. I told them I want the Zagg shield installed on the screen and a silicon back cover. They said they will also have a hard case but I want to see it first. They said I will also get a free Bluetooth headset... I can't wait...

ap78k

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I plan on getting to a Sprint Corp. store at about 0500 and hope im the only one there. Then the store can burn baby burn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa