How is the battery life on the Note 10+ and especially the 5G if you have it

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
As long as the rumors keep leaning on the good side, we'll get closer to knowing what the final phone will be like. Woohoo... if they do add in the 2nd gen FPS to the Note 20.

Rumors of that new Exynos chip for the S30 (so Samsung's gonna increase Sxx number by 10 now and go from S20 to S30??) sound good to catch up with Apple's A14 bionic sounds promising. But I don't think I'll be waiting that long to get a new phone.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/sam...isplay-refresh-faster-finger-readers_id124604

I'll keep you posted;)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As long as the rumors keep leaning on the good side, we'll get closer to knowing what the final phone will be like. Woohoo... if they do add in the 2nd gen FPS to the Note 20.

Rumors of that new Exynos chip for the S30 (so Samsung's gonna increase Sxx number by 10 now and go from S20 to S30??) sound good to catch up with Apple's A14 bionic sounds promising. But I don't think I'll be waiting that long to get a new phone.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/sam...isplay-refresh-faster-finger-readers_id124604
Yeah , been keeping a eye on the leaks

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah , been keeping a eye on the leaks

This is just part of my wish list (no articles or rumors to show this at all to date) but was just thinking...

Rumors now say no Ultra camera but it would be nice if Samsung surprised us with upgrade with the camera system at the + level. In past Note tech would trickle down to the S-Series. It would be nice if they came out with the next gen + camera system that will trickle down to the S30.

The Ultra, compared to it's competitors, fails to be a top 3 camera for the year for a $1400 flagship touting "Photography Changing" tech. And this years + made a meh showing. Samsung could use the Note launch to try and save a bit of face with a better showing with the Note 20 camera because Samsung (if you're listening ;)) should expect iPhone 12 Pro cameras to impress.

New OLED with 1-120hz tech, 2nd gen FPS, updated cameras (wish), 4000-5000 mah battery, S-Pen. 6.87" display vs last years 6.8 so I'm feeling better of the idea that this phone won't be a phablet. so far, things sounding good. :) Could all change next week lol. :p

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This is just part of my wish list (no articles or rumors to show this at all to date) but was just thinking...

Rumors now say no Ultra camera but it would be nice if Samsung surprised us with upgrade with the camera system at the + level. In past Note tech would trickle down to the S-Series. It would be nice if they came out with the next gen + camera system that will trickle down to the S30.

The Ultra, compared to it's competitors, fails to be a top 3 camera for the year for a $1400 flagship touting "Photography Changing" tech. And this years + made a meh showing. Samsung could use the Note launch to try and save a bit of face with a better showing with the Note 20 camera because Samsung (if you're listening ;)) should expect iPhone 12 Pro cameras to impress.

New OLED with 1-120hz tech, 2nd gen FPS, updated cameras (wish), 4000-5000 mah battery, S-Pen. 6.87" display vs last years 6.8 so I'm feeling better of the idea that this phone won't be a phablet. so far, things sounding good. :) Could all change next week lol. :p
What made a meh showing was the regular S20 and S20+. They both sold less than anticipated and the Ultra sold more than anticipated.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

First for 1400.00 on the s20 ultra your not just getting a camera , if you got a DSLR camera for 1400.00 and under performed I would be upset .
Back on the Note 20 front if it doesn't get 120hz or 90hz and ultra camera im not getting it , rather have the s20 ultra and wait in the Next Note .

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I can see your position on this. Actually if I were in your position and already have a Note 10+, I could easily skip the Note 20+ and either wait for S30 or Note 30+.

First for 1400.00 on the s20 ultra your not just getting a camera , if you got a DSLR camera for 1400.00 and under performed I would be upset .
Back on the Note 20 front if it doesn't get 120hz or 90hz and ultra camera im not getting it , rather have the s20 ultra and wait in the Next Note .

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The S20 sales definitely have been disappointing and analysts have pretty much said it won't outsell S10 numbers at this point. But it looks like the S20+ has captured 3rd best selling smartphone in the world. So I guess the Ultra sales over the S20/20+ was just a temp surge at the beginning of launch.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/gala...op-three-best-selling-android-phones-q1-2020/

What made a meh showing was the regular S20 and S20+. They both sold less than anticipated and the Ultra sold more than anticipated.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The S20 sales definitely have been disappointing and analysts have pretty much said it won't outsell S10 numbers at this point. But it looks like the S20+ has captured 3rd best selling smartphone in the world. So I guess the Ultra sales over the S20/20+ was just a temp surge at the beginning of launch.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/gala...op-three-best-selling-android-phones-q1-2020/

We pretty much know the numbers have dropped over the preceding few years as has been the trend. It should be no surprise that the S10 did better numbers than the S20. I'm sure the Note 10 will have better numbers than the Note 20. Let's also not forget the impact that Covid 19 has most likely had on sales.

As far as S20+ verses S20 Ultra let's not forget that there is surplus of S20+ laying around and Ultras are in short supply so it doesn't surprise me if the S20+ got a bump.

In any event it doesn't matter, buy what you like and be happy..... That's what I do and I don't dwell on the device's I wouldn't buy.

All I know is that if I had to buy the Ultra all over again I would. I'll take it over anything out there all day long.

Last edited:

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Lol, I just hope it works better with one finger than the first gen and open as fast as opticals that I see when they compare in the videos.

Showing us this second gen reader and software is more advanced / sophisticated that it can read two prints that’s cool. But I doubt many will use??

Maybe using my two fingers to set unlock straight to my secured folder?? Or you just want that special two finger unlock of your bank app?? Or adding extra security to getting into your Tinder app?? Lol. And now you increase the chance that it might miss verifying one of the two prints needed.

I wouldn’t use it to unlock a phone though because now you’re committing two hands to unlock a phone... not convenient.

And if you set it to read two fingers then you could probably now have a greater chance of failure it misses one of those two fingers.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Lol, I just hope it works better with one finger than the first gen and open as fast as opticals that I see when they compare in the videos.

Showing us this second gen reader and software is more advanced / sophisticated that it can read two prints that’s cool. But I doubt many will use??

Maybe using my two fingers to set unlock straight to my secured folder?? Or you just want that special two finger unlock of your bank app?? Or adding extra security to getting into your Tinder app?? Lol. And now you increase the chance that it might miss verifying one of the two prints needed.

I wouldn’t use it to unlock a phone though because now you’re committing two hands to unlock a phone... not convenient.

And if you set it to read two fingers then you could probably now have a greater chance of failure it misses one of those two fingers.
Yeah not sure how they plan on going about this , but be interesting, and yes next generation should get better or hope lol. I never had issues on the ultrasonic fingerprint but for the ones that did hopefully this is a fix .

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Changing topic a little, watching a Youtube video on the new 120hz screen, if you fast forward to the 1:28 mark... THAT is exactly what I wanna see in the Note 20... the part that says X10 :). Make that Samsung and you'll have Phone of the Year over the iPhone 12 :)

I'm pretty sure it's an old render someone made up last year... but I can dream. They said no Ultra for the Note 20 which sounds like we'd get more of a S20+ setup. But Samsung just can't leave the same system in the S30+... be nice if they preview it in the Note 20. Leave the 150 mp Ultra for the S30 but gimme the X10 in the + and Note. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIzLewc43oE

Yeah not sure how they plan on going about this , but be interesting, and yes next generation should get better or hope lol. I never had issues on the ultrasonic fingerprint but for the ones that did hopefully this is a fix .