wifi on evo not too good as expected

garciaop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
:(is there anyone having the same problem or i got a bad evo when am connected to to my home wifi if am a room away wifi signal is too weak
and i used to have my palmpre connected to wifi and even when i went outside my home had good connection but now i have to be in the same room if i wanna get wifi working on my evo:eek:

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a weak connection also.... My Pre would get more signal bars on my home wifi compared to my HTC EVO.

Eguy

Lloyd Lover
Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a weak connection also.... My Pre would get more signal bars on my home wifi compared to my HTC EVO.

Same here. The WiFi worked much better on my Pre. Glad to see I am not the only one, I thought it might be my router.

Fyahstarter

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what type of problems you guys are having, but my Wifi is GREAT. Much much better than on my Hero. I am getting a consistent 11-12Mbps down and 2 up.

C01E

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Wifi has been working great for me... Perhaps the evo has a picky wireless chipset?

Using a Netgear WNDR3700 (set to dual band, one N, one G.)

Almost forgot to add, While at work I was also picking up the demo wireless printers set up that are a good 50-75 feet from where I work during the day, So thats a good sign Id assume. (Many of the PC's that I work on can't pick those up at the same range to put it into perspective.)

Last edited:

tkanavy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
My signal is reading weaker but I was able to accomplish the same distances from my router . This phone is way faster than pre when its navigating pages too. So I am not too worried.

freeza

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, wifi is weak here too. Thing is, it drops bars even when i'm literally 4 feet away from the wireless router.

vip_status

May 29, 2010
Visit site
so I just tested my wifi, the farthest corner in my bedroom (the router is in the living room) and I was able to get supurb connection, with speeds averaging 10 Dn and 3 up and that was with 2 or 3 bars on the wifi-o-meter.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am getting a strong signal but it wont stay connected. So far WiFi is useless. My router is an 802.11N but I do not have any N devices connected to it so it should be at G speed.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
As near as I can tell the Evo is just stingier with how many rings it displays to represent signal strength. I'm only seeing one ring, but have very fast download speed and no dropped connections.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I noticed only 1 bar one time, but I still had a good connection with no lag or anything so it didnt bother me, I dont care what the bars say as long as its working good

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was having a problem with the phone not holding the connection last night. This morning after an overnight charge, rebooting the phone and the router, I am not getting a steady and consistant connection.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
walterwood44, good idea.. I may try that this morning.. I am having the weak wifi issue too. I have a link sys router. I may need to reboot both.

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Same here. The Pre used to work just fine in all parts of our house but the Evo will drop back to 3G in places. Much lower performance.