Ring Vibrate Too Strong?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
anyone else think the Ring Vibrate on the EVO is too strong? i like Ring Vibrate but i had to turn it off because it's so so violently loud vibrating on my table.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Vibrate is always loud on a table. Resting on the metal camera rim might help to enhance it too.

I think vibrate is weak. I barely feel it in my pocket and I already had trouble noticing my old phone which was much stronger.

alister

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
No freaking way. This strength is a godsend compared the nonexistent one on my old Pre. I love this one. Try sticking it on something like an envelope or mouse pad which is what I do at work sometimes.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I think it is too light, and I can barely feel it in my pocket. I base all phones on the amazing vibrate on the BB Curve 8330,

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, got caught a lot in class when my phone vibrated against my chair. damn physics. The actual motor in the Evo isn't that big, especially when compared to the size of the Evo overall.

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I think it is too light, and I can barely feel it in my pocket. I base all phones on the amazing vibrate on the BB Curve 8330,

Sadly this is true for me as well...I miss calls and texts because unless I'm just sitting someplace and not moving, I can't feel it at all. I thought differently when I first got it and had it sitting on my desk and it rang...I too thought "HOLY CRAP" that is a crazy vibrate. But it's not the same in your pocket. It might be better if I had the back of the phone against my leg, but would increase the chances of a cracked screen due to it facing outward.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I think the thin profile along with the height of the phone causes it to "float" in your pocket opposed to a thicker phone that puts more pressure on your leg.

As a result, less of the phone touches your leg so the vibrate seems weak. The vibrate is much stronger than the Pre, however I've missed more notifications on the Evo than I ever did with the Pre.

May need to go to either a holster or a case to give the phone a little more depth.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I love the vibrate on the EVO. My TP2 used to shake my house when it vibrated....When it was in my case in vibrate mode, it would sound louder then if I had my ringer on.....Such a relief to get away from that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo