Launchers?

What launcher are You using on your EVO?

• Total voters

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Ok i've searched for this and didn't see any answers but i'm wondering what launchers are you guys using now that you have the EVO in hand?

Stock 2.1

Sense 2.1

AWD.launcher

Helix

launcherPRO beta

Other

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Since I am new to android, and have never used sense 2.1 before, I'm gonna leave it on for about a month and enjoy all it has to offer before changing to one of the other ones.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering which one I should use.
I can find all these in the market?

And I'm running Sense for now... I want to be able to customize some of my widgets... and get rid of that classic Sense look. It's okay, but I want to change stuff around a lot.
I did a pretty good job... I just wish there were more widget options.

Which ones do you recommend?

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I loved LauncherPro on the Moment. I was going to try it on the Evo, but it doesn't show up in the Market.

You can get rid of all the Sense stuff on your home screens and put whatever you want there, so it won't really look like Sense normally does. You can use whatever widgets you want. I think the Sense clock/weather widget is just plain ugly, so I replaced it with the one from Beautiful Widgets.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I loved LauncherPro on the Moment. I was going to try it on the Evo, but it doesn't show up in the Market.

You can get rid of all the Sense stuff on your home screens and put whatever you want there, so it won't really look like Sense normally does. You can use whatever widgets you want. I think the Sense clock/weather widget is just plain ugly, so I replaced it with the one from Beautiful Widgets.

I just need more widgets for customization. I made mine look completely different, but would love some more options for clocks and whatnot. All the HTC clocks are just so huge.

Beautiful Widgets? Oh it costs money... hm. o_o

I just wish I could customize the htc clocks to be smaller or something. I might install another launcher.

Edit: And launcherpro ... I think, doesn't show up because we have an HTC phone?
Or they took it down... but on their website, they have the .apk.

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Thank you, I have tried both iPhone OS (on an iPod touch), and WebOS, and I have to say I am liking Android better than both.
Your welcome

I just need more widgets for customization. I made mine look completely different, but would love some more options for clocks and whatnot. All the HTC clocks are just so huge.

Beautiful Widgets? Oh it costs money... hm. o_o

I just wish I could customize the htc clocks to be smaller or something. I might install another launcher.

Edit: And launcherpro ... I think, doesn't show up because we have an HTC phone?
Or they took it down... but on their website, they have the .apk.

I don't know if they took it down or not but on my wife's HERO she can still find and download both AWDlauncher and LauncherPRO-beta. And she is rooted.