Backup Question

vashx85

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
What program free or paid (i would prefer free) will back up everything on my phone "INCLUDING HTC SCENES". Anybody have any ideas?

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Unless you are rooted you can't back up any apps or app data.

I use Titanium backup and it works flawlessly. There is a free version and it works fine. The paid version has a couple extra features like multiple backups, scheduling and batch operations. It's worth the $3 but the free version will suffice.

vashx85

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
i understand that i will need to be rooted but does it also back up the htc scenes (not sense) the scenes cover the layout of all of your widgets icons, ringtone setups and backgrounds. as an example i have a custome scene called galaxy1 a scene with a live galaxy as a background and have my layout of widgets and apps for all of my screens. if i had to hard reset would titanium back up my scene.

fstop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone actually verified any backup to actually work? That is, has anyone actually restored their data? It would be self-defeating without actually confirming the veracity of the process. Just curious.

vashx85

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone actually verified any backup to actually work? That is, has anyone actually restored their data? It would be self-defeating without actually confirming the veracity of the process. Just curious.

agreed. i think this is an important subject.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
i understand that i will need to be rooted but does it also back up the htc scenes (not sense) the scenes cover the layout of all of your widgets icons, ringtone setups and backgrounds. as an example i have a custome scene called galaxy1 a scene with a live galaxy as a background and have my layout of widgets and apps for all of my screens. if i had to hard reset would titanium back up my scene.

Hmmm, when I did it I had no scenes so I don't know but all my ICON layouts were saved. Just do a Nandroid first so you could get back to where you started.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I've restored apps and data with Titanium numerous times on 2 phones without issue.

vashx85

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site

Hmmm, when I did it I had no scenes so I don't know but all my ICON layouts were saved. Just do a Nandroid first so you could get back to where you started.

thank you that answers my question, main thing i guess i was concerned about was icon layout. Thank you again.

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I tried to restore my HTC scenes last night with Titanium, and i got a force close loop. had to hard reset. from there, i didn't try that again. so becarful. I am running the RvU1.3.1 rom.