Album art

bensEVO

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
:)I use windows 7 and sync my music using windows media player via tethering and it shows the album art when I drag it into the sync field but doesn't show up in the player on the device. Does anyone know if I'm missing a setting somewhere that will allow the album art to be displayed?

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
:)I use windows 7 and sync my music using windows media player via tethering and it shows the album art when I drag it into the sync field but doesn't show up in the player on the device. Does anyone know if I'm missing a setting somewhere that will allow the album art to be displayed?

You need to actually embed the album art into the media files if you want it to show up, I believe. I use mp3tag to do it with my mp3's but most media players will let you do it, too. I do not know if WMP will do it.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Just buy the app off android market called "album art grabber". I think its .99cents and it will grab all the missing artwork so that it displays correctly on the Evo.

Its a one time fee and all the album art is free. Good luck!

bensEVO

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
When the music its ripped from the cd, store bought, and it shows on the desktop media player doesn't that mean that it its already embedded?

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
When the music its ripped from the cd, store bought, and it shows on the desktop media player doesn't that mean that it its already embedded?

Not necessarily. WMP can and does grab external album art images and link them through the player to the tracks. This is not embedding, though. These are just image files, generally stored in the same directory as the tracks, that the player displays.

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I bought iSyncr for $2.99 (I think). It adds a program to your SD card so when you mount your EVO you launch it and it happily syncs music from a selected playlist in iTunes. I liked that option because I found DoubleTwist's Mac client a little buggy (but I do think it will improve significantly in time). iSyncr also grabs all my album art just fine, but it probably won't sync any DRM protected iTunes music you have (a lot of which I've been steadily converting to MP3 or DRM-free format this past few weeks)!

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Just buy the app off android market called "album art grabber". I think its .99cents and it will grab all the missing artwork so that it displays correctly on the Evo.

Its a one time fee and all the album art is free. Good luck!
That worked for me...very cool app. Got all my album art from the over 1200 songs I loaded onto my EVO using Tune Sync.

LikeAChampion3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
One word: MixZing. The player populated all of my album art in no time and even works in landscape mode. The widget is nice too, it shows the album art!

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
You need to actually embed the album art into the media files if you want it to show up, I believe. I use mp3tag to do it with my mp3's but most media players will let you do it, too. I do not know if WMP will do it.

Hey thanks for suggesting mp3tag! Worked great :D

The only problem I had after I embedded the album arts on my mp3s is that the Evo didn't recognized the album art unless I physically opened the music folder of each new embedded files while it was connected to my pc. I found this quiet annoying.