HTC music app hijacking A2DP controls

wormdood

Apr 20, 2010
blog.mattkurio.com
I run Listen and Doubletwist regularly over Bluetooth and if those apps aren't in the foreground, the HTC music app will hijack a play button press from headset even if it isn't running and Music and Listen/Doubletwist will start playing. Is there a setting to prevent this? I've looked and haven't found one. It is quite frustrating.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had MixZing and Doubletwist players go off at the same time, playing different songs/artists though I was only using MixZing and had never used DT yet after downloading. Went into DT's settings and found it has set itself as the default app for Bluetooth headset controls. I have Sync in my Ford car, so that was pretty cheap and reminiscent of how RealPlayer used to take over your computer a decade ago.

posguy99

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I understand from an android dev that there's some sort of priority system for the buttons... it's not just one of those "ok, mine now!" things.

For me, the HTC Music app has always won. It didn't matter whether it was Meridian, or ACast, or whatever it was fighting with.

I even get the alternate state behavior... where Meridian is playing something, you click the button to stop it, and the HTC Music player starts... you click it again, and the HTC app stops and Meridian starts up again.

This was the first reason I rooted my original Hero... so I could delete the HTC Music app.

With the Evo, I just deal with it.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
This was the first reason I rooted my original Hero... so I could delete the HTC Music app.

With the Evo, I just deal with it.
Your giving me a reason to root. This has been bugging me too. I was trying to control Pandora by AD2P, BTW Pandora for Android sucks, and it kept controlling the HTC player. Now I know.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What's wrong with Sprint Nav? I can understand dumping NASCAR and NFL, but why dump the perfectly good, free, navigation app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress