Unable to make GOOGLE VOICE my primary voicemail

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried to see if their voicemail are goin to GOOGLE VOICE? Mine keep goin to Sprint Visual voicemail. I have done everything from calling the number provided by Google to activate it and also saving my profile on GOOGLE VOICES web page. And before anyone asks...YES Google Voice is added as my voicemail provider in settings. Please only respond if you HAVE received voicemail on your GOOGLE VOICE

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

PEACE

ZD

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
PEACE DesertSilver,
I did go to the GOOGLE VOICE webpage and tried to do it manually, and I called the number to have it configured but I got a recording saying the number I used was not a valid number. This is really getting frustrating b/c I don't like Sprints Visual Voicemail. I wonder if I'm the only person having this problem

ZDK

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
when I am setting mine up it comes back with this error.

Unfortunately your network carrier is currently not supported for automatic voicemail configuration. To use Google Voice as your voicemal provider, please visit the Google Voice Help Center for more information.

So your not the only one. I think when I tried setting it up on another phone, same number, it messed things up and now not sure how to clear up the issue.

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
@SAEPAK
I think a lot of people have set up GOOGLE VOICE on their phones and just ignored the FACT that they get that notification, with the thought that as long as the option of "GOOGLE VOICE" is selected as their default voicemail carrier in SETTINGS that everything works fine. I wonder how many people have actually taken the time and tested it by calling themselves and leaving a voicemail?
Hopefully someone will find a work-around for it.

ZDK

Last edited:

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree. I just sent Google's Help desk an email. as soon as they reply and get me up and going I will let you know what I had to do. You may want to do the same thing. Good luck.

Darth Duane

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Google voice voicemail is working great for me. I just followed the instructions it gives you on the web site. Dialed the *28 number and I was good to go.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Try re-installing the Google Voice app on your phone. I use it personally and installed, got the auto-config error, but it re-mapped my voice mail button to dial my Google Voice number. Then I just used the voice mail forward string on the GV web site - try this again also if you got an error the first time. You can test by calling your phone from a different number and you should go to your Google voice mail.

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Home>menu>settings>voicemail service>choose Google.

My google voice worked when I started the Evo because I had already done the *28 to bounce messages to GV. I like having the messages on my phone better so I disabled it with the evo.

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
@VetDoctor
When you say that you did the "*28" to bounce msgs to GOOGLE VOICE...what do you mean?

ZDK

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
@VetDoctor
When you say that you did the "*28" to bounce msgs to GOOGLE VOICE...what do you mean?

ZDK

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
@SAEPAK
I think a lot of people have set up GOOGLE VOICE on their phones and just ignored the FACT that they get that notification, with the thought that as long as the option of "GOOGLE VOICE" is selected as their default voicemail carrier in SETTINGS that everything works fine. I wonder how many people have actually taken the time and tested it by calling themselves and leaving a voicemail?
Hopefully someone will find a work-around for it.

ZDK

My line is confirmed as going to Google Voice voice mail box and I have gotten this error as well.

What is your call screening options on the GV settings page?

Are you sure you forwarded the number correctly, that code means whenever someone goes to your Sprint mailbox that it's bounced over to Google (whether you ignore the call or it rings out to VM).

To me your problem sounds like it is not forwarding.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
@VetDoctor

ZDK

Go to the google voice setting page, when you setup your phone it will ask what carrier you have. Then it produces a dial code that you use to tell your carrier to send all voicemails to your voice mail system, in this case your GV number.

that will fix your problem.

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok...well I've tried everything mentioned above and other suggestions and Google Voice still does not work...thanks for all the suggestions, I'M DONE...NO APP IS WORTH THIS MUCH AGGRAVATION

PEACE
ZDK

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok...well I've tried everything mentioned above and other suggestions and Google Voice still does not work...thanks for all the suggestions, I'M DONE...NO APP IS WORTH THIS MUCH AGGRAVATION

PEACE
ZDK