"Google sign-in" error

Ashton

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I seem to keep getting a notification with an exclamation mark and a triangle that says:

Google sign-in
You entered the wrong password or your account has changed. Please re-enter your password.

Username
<my email address>

Password

When I enter my password it simply says authenticating then directs me back to the same message. I have access to all my Google services online and on my OG EVO , yet the notification keeps appearing. It seems to have happened right after Google updated all their apps today. Any suggestions?

sephiroth_darko

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am getting the same thing, but this is on my EVO 3D. Also, just update the Google apps. I even tried turning off some of syncing options for the apps that have just been update and still get the same message. I'm not too sure what it is. I'm sure that there will be a fix for this. I've been researching things, but nothing that I have found has fixed it.

thatguy9684

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I am getting this same message on my Droid Razr Maxx. I have not done anything to change my phone it just appeared out of nowhere. I enter the correct password and it doesn't take it. Any one have any ideas????

Ashton

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm in the "wait it out boat" because I'm willing to bet it is a little bug with the updated Google apps. I bet an update correcting it will be out soon. At least I hope I'm right!

sephiroth_darko

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue. Very annoying. Does anyone have a solution? It just started happening tonight.

I've looked around for a good hour and haven't found anything. Only thing I can chalk it up to is some of the Google app update must have an error within the coding. I'm sure Google is getting wind of it as well as AC may be posting a story about it and there will be a fix soon.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Getting the same message on my DROID Bionic. Only thing I've done today was update the Google Apps that got updates today.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Same thing on my DInc2. Like 8 of my apps had updates today. Pretty major update for google plus. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Also I changed my password just in case. Restarted my phone and logged in with the new pw and it worked. But a few hours later the error popped up again.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

Reactions: StargateNH

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Same thing on my DInc2. Like 8 of my apps had updates today. Pretty major update for google plus. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

I highly suspect the updates today played a part. I news tipped this thread to see if we can get anyone on the site to look into it.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I got it on all my devices as well, I just ignored it after I realized it wasn't going to accept the password. Everything is still logged in fine though, so I'm sure it'll work itself out.

Reactions: markhallyo

monty22001

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Add me in, I posted a general help thread as well, seems to be whatever was updated today. I notice that Google Framework keeps running when it starts.

StargateNH

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

Also I changed my password just in case. Restarted my phone and logged in with the new pw and it worked. But a few hours later the error popped up again.

Problem solved! Yes, you are correct. Sign out of Google+ and sign back in and go through the new G+ Set up features. Thanks kirkiscool ! OG Droid Incredible

monty22001

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I did the Google+ upgrade that was out earlier today. Did it around 4pm central and noticed the errors by 6pm.

I still get it when doing syncs.

Ashton

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I did the sign out and sign back in to Google+ approach and the problem persists. I'm sure there will be and update in the near future.

wailly

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened this morning. It started just after updating the new G+ apps. I thought it was due to my fiddling with 2-way authentication, but nope, that wasn't it. Tried reset/reinstall everything. Also tried changing new password. Same thing happened again after installing with the new G+. That must be it. See if can wait it out for another bug fix update.

(Moto Droid Razr; unroot.)

Firepoet27

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Getting the same error. Tried all kinds of solutions found by googling, but to no avail. I am with you all - its a bug from the updates I received yesterday - i think i received 10 updates in the span of 5 minutes. I hope this gets fixed soon - that exclamation point is annoying. haha.

Zeroack

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Well it's good to see everyone has the same problem. On a old Droid X and getting the issues also. I changed my password via pc and am still having issues. Thou the did go away for awhile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo