Micro SD upgrade question..

tuna83

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to purchase a 16gb Micro SD. 32 is too expensive to justify IMO.

My question is this... With 2.2 on the way where we can have applications on the SD card, should we be concerned with the speed rating (class) of the Micro SD? We all know the EVO comes with a class two speed rating... (The lowest I think).

This link ( Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) will explain each class' speed.

BTW, where is the best price for one of these bad boys?

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got a class 2 san disk 16gb from radio shack for$50. The sale ended on June19th, but u can search online like newegg.com and amazon.com I hear u can get better prices then $50, but considering I just walked in the store, asked get the card, paid for it and was home with it in hand in 5 mins. For me i decided instead of waiting for the mail I would pay for the sale price at radio shack and have it right way.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I see them from $24 to $40 on Amazon.com. As to speed we will have to see how the load from SD is implemented. I suspect the other speed improvements will make the speed of the card fairly irrelevant.

bennish

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
i got a class 4. i think i read somewhere that should be sufficient. i'd say just avoid a 2. Also, maybe be selective about what apps you install to the card.