Just Talked To Telesales.. Evo Available 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

caseydietz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That's funny, I bet more become available when the Droid X drops, and other carriers keep adding phones. I would call this a major fail by Sprint and HTC if they can't even update their website to tell people the anticipated date they'll have more. I know a lot of carriers are out of their latest phones, and that's my point, Sprint could have taken the customers from those carriers who are too impatient to wait.
Forget getting rid of the guys who leaked the sales numbers, fire the dude who misfired on the projected sales and didn't order enough initially from HTC should be canned.

Who cares if you have the cheapest plans around if you don't have any phones that people want.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
That's funny, I bet more become available when the Droid X drops, and other carriers keep adding phones. I would call this a major fail by Sprint and HTC if they can't even update their website to tell people the anticipated date they'll have more. I know a lot of carriers are out of their latest phones, and that's my point, Sprint could have taken the customers from those carriers who are too impatient to wait.
Forget getting rid of the guys who leaked the sales numbers, fire the dude who misfired on the projected sales and didn't order enough initially from HTC should be canned.

Who cares if you have the cheapest plans around if you don't have any phones that people want.

I can find one just fine. If people want the phone they can go to Radio Shack, BB or Walmart and find them fairly regularly.

caseydietz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I can find one just fine. If people want the phone they can go to Radio Shack, BB or Walmart and find them fairly regularly.

Maybe where you live there are a ton of them, but I find it strange that online (a place where they should almost always be in stock) hasn't had them for some time now.
My point was not necessarily about availability in various parts of the country but more that Sprint should have taken the month or so the phone was out before the iPhone or Droid X to gobble up as many customers as possible from those carriers who would have defected had they been able to find the phone from a retailer that sells Sprint, or Sprints own website. In Sprint's situation (trying to gain subscribers) this should have been a case where an over abundance of inventory would have made sense.

gbm85

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Sprint totally should have anticipated that the EVO would out-sell their previous flagship phones (Pre and Instinct) by a factor of 6. That totally would have been a sound business decision.

ovE

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Is apple in the cloning business now? Its amazing how many trolls come out of the woodwork.

October? really? lmao

S2K ON 2

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
seems like sprint stores dont want to sell the evo to existing customers. i called a friend at a corporate office and asked if he had any in stock for a friend. immediate answer: no. i ask him when they'll be getting more in, and he tells me they dont know. he then asks if it's for a new line or existing. i tell him it's a new line. he tells me to come and get it right now.

even when i bought mine, i bought it full price and they didnt want to sell it. they told me it was for new lines only. but that was all bs.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting on a replacement for a defective EVO but Sprint.com has been out for over a week now. My 30 days is getting close and I don't know what to do? They keep telling me to check the website availability and then call back. I find it ridiculous that they can't even order it for you and ship it when it comes in. Last Monday they told me they were getting a shipment in that day, but a week later they are still out. I have called the corporate sprint store here several times and their waiting list was up to like 60 people. They have never had them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884