Weird EVO 4G behavior after update

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I use My Backup Pro and it works great. If you do the pseudo root called Unrevoked, My Backup Pro even lets you save app data settings. Also, it lets you schedule backups.

--------
Sent from my HTC Evo 'cause it WAS the droid I was looking for.

Unfortunately, after you apply the update, Unrevoked won't work, so you won't be able to restore those app settings unless you do a real root,

mohan37

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. That's definitely good to know! I'd really hate to lose the footprints and contact links. Maybe I can find an app for those things specifically.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well the for some reason I no longer have Amy touch sound when selecting items on the home pages. I tried turning it off and back on with not change. Anyone having similar issues?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

mohan37

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Ybcold, I was having issue with vibration coming and going, which, ironically enough, this week's update seemed to fix. Did you apply the update?

Also, as far as I know, there isn't suppose to be a feedback when starting an app from the home screen. Is that what you're referring to? Are you sure you had it before?

Last edited:

Raphielh

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
A little confused

Shellzda1 and QuasarZ,

I am having the same issues as the both of you. Did the hard reset fix the problem? Is there something further that I would need to do?

Jay005

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Since the updated update, I've noticed several things wrong with my Evo now. The Android wallpapers folder is gone, several apps/widgets are acting strange like the HTC weather app, and notifications still make a sound when phone is set to silent. Not sure why these are happening but if anyone has a solution to one or any of these problems, thanks in advance!

LipGloss712

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Bleh I now notice problems after that damn update.

1. Downloading apps is not as fast as it used to be. It will say an app is installing when it already has.
2. When I'm on an app, it randomly just goes to the home screen when I didn't even touch anything.
3. Starting the phone up takes longer now. Lingers on the 4G screen for a while.

Oh yeah, I reset my phone and it had not helped.

Those are the only differences I noticed, for now. Wtf was the point of the update??? The phone was working just fine without it. :/

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

shellzda1

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: My signal icon still fluctuates, has not changed at all. Now Sprint says that it is just more sensitive than on some phones. Says for me to call them if I cannot make or receive calls. I tried to call and tell them about the horrible experience. I was disconnected during transfer, and then the lady read what sounded like a rehearsed message apologizing for the faulty update. She could not seem to understand it was the CS rep I was upset about, not the update. I will try the letter route. Note sure where to send it, but will see what I can find. Thanks for the advice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo