desk clock?

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to use my phone as a desk clock. I open the standard clock widget and select the desk mode (and I tried the night mode). But then after a minute or 2, my screen turns off like normal stop of usage.
How do I get the clock to stay on?

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I use Kaloer Clock and it is great. It has a setting to be always on or always on when plugged in plus a ton of other stuff. It should suit your needs (and is FREE)

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to use my phone as a desk clock. I open the standard clock widget and select the desk mode (and I tried the night mode). But then after a minute or 2, my screen turns off like normal stop of usage.
How do I get the clock to stay on?

I think it only stays on if it's plugged in.

I think there are apps available in the market that let the screen stay on even when unplugged but that would drain battery quick I imagine.

envoynv

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Desk Clock burn in

Does using the desk clock create a burn in on the screen? I am thinking about using this but do not want to ruin the screen.

charliegrs

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Does using the desk clock create a burn in on the screen? I am thinking about using this but do not want to ruin the screen.

Hmm thats a good question but my completely wild guess is no it shouldnt. I think burn in is only a problem with plasma TVs, I dont think burn in has ever been a problem with LCD based monitors. Hence why you never hear people complaining about burn in on LCD tvs. Of course I could be wrong.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hmm thats a good question but my completely wild guess is no it shouldnt. I think burn in is only a problem with plasma TVs, I dont think burn in has ever been a problem with LCD based monitors. Hence why you never hear people complaining about burn in on LCD tvs. Of course I could be wrong.

It's technically possible to "burn" an LCD display, but there's no way it's going to happen with a cell phone.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
No it will not burn in on the stock desk clock because the only pixels that are on is the time it self and it moves around the screen to prevent burn.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
There are a couple of desk clock apps mentioned above... that are free and in the market.

Remember, you have a kickstand! My old alarm clock is off to the side now. :)

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
As long as we are on the subject is there an alarm that can play music from your library to wake you instead of a buzzer like a alarm clock radio can?

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
You can keep the screen on all the time when plugged in by going to Settings > Applications > Development > check "Stay Awake"

flyr29

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I use Kaloer Clock and it is great. It has a setting to be always on or always on when plugged in plus a ton of other stuff. It should suit your needs (and is FREE)

Great program, but it breaks my notification sound even after turning it off. Only after uninstalling or doing a power cycle did my notification sounds come back. On EVO...