BuIts been fun EVO

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
But you are going back tomorrow,the charging port has come loose and now it won't charge at all. The stores were first telling me I had to wait for a refurbished unit. I chalked sprint and was told they were going to send me a new phone over night. Today I got a call from sprint saying I have to wait for a refurbished phone.

I'm well within my 30 days and after being with sprint for 14 years this is the loyalty I get. I told the rep that this phone was being returned and my number was being ported. He tried offering me a one time credit of 10 dollars.

I just got off the phone with verizon, their droid x doesn't release for 2 weeks so I'm gonna be without a phone for that time. I won't have anything to do with sprint again.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll just be a few forums up, at the droid x. I know sprint doesn't care about losing 2 customers but my wife is returning her evo as well and joining me on verizon

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I dont get it... I think u should talk to someone else or ur story isnt strait... They have to give you a new phone within your 30 days if that phone is defective.. They can give u a refurb if they dont have any in stock but eventually they should give u a new one when they come in if thats the case..

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
I don't get it either. If you were treating your phone like a normal human being then the charging port wouldn't be loose to where you can't charge it. Makes no sense, half the time it's user error and caused by intentional and unintentional abuse but the person just is too proud to admit that.

Return the phone, have fun porting your number and going to verizon. HA!

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Go some place else, I'm pretty sure it has to be a new device, try HTC. I had great cs when I called for dust under the screen. I would try all the options first.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Im another person that doesnt get it ... Damn has sprint (wireless) company been around for 14yrs ... Anyway ... Your leaving the Company of 14yrs because of the phone ... it has served you this long but im wondering if the Droid X wasnt coming out would you be switching ... I feel your going to make a huge mistake changing carriers at this point ... Every carrier has thier problems ... at least by now you should know Sprint's issues and be able to make it work to your advantage .

nlowhor

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I just got back from Sprint. They will honor their 30 day policy as long as you tell them about the problem within the 30 days and they make a note on your account. I'm now on the local waiting list for a new one.

mmilord

May 28, 2010
Visit site
i actually just had the exact opposite happen to me, had a defect with mine and i called a few reps and they told me that i would NOT be getting a refurb, i didnt even ask about that lol, and that i would be getting a new one sent to me

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Like I said as long as your with your 30 days it has to be new, and after that its pretty much up to them. After my 30 days I like to just bypass them and go to the company anyways, I don't really know why.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Interestingly my charge port is also loose and some of my micro usb chargers will lose connection to it when I move the connector up. Anyway I called Sprint and they're sending me a new one. You just gotta keep calling.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I believe its not an issue with the phone or the carrier ... I think the OP wants to justify getting the Droid X .

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Dude don't do it, the droid x is ok but not an Evo...
You should talk to retentions that's there job to keep you as a customer and make you happy, call again and make them transfer you no questions asked...

Also sounds like something isn't right, how does the charging port come loose?

You def have the upper hand in this situation unless you yourself broke the phone, use it to your advantage, no need to switch over....been in similar situations and they at least offer you a comparable phone if you didn't want the Evo anymore, trust me, call retentions

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
And how much more are you going to pay each month for the privilege of thumbing your nose at Sprint? Do you really think Verizon cares about you any more than Sprint does?

darkcovers

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I also had to replace my phone because the charger port stopped working.
Radio shack put me on a list for a new phone, but sprint sent me a refurbished one.
The refurbished phone didn't even work, wouldn't activate or anything.
So Radio shack gave me one of their new Evo's.

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I will not bust on you for switching because to each his/her own. However, I will say (coming from Verizon) enjoy their high bills with LOCKED down phones! Everything you get for free with Sprint, Verizon will charge you for (eg. navigator, NFL, ringtones, etc etc). Anyway good luck to ya

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm a grown man,i don't need to justify anything I do. I took my phone to the repair store and they told me the motherboard detached from the battery and I'd have to file an insurance claim. I went to another store and returned the phone. It was a nice phone but I'm tied of sprints non sense

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
My EVO broke, and they were willing to get me a new one by Wednesday. Plus a credit to my account. I would say, call back and get someone else. Things should go better. You most likely got a bad agent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non