New Mobile Youtube site doesn't work on EVO

teiresias

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get the new mobile version of the youtube site to work in any browser? I don't see the new version of the site in either Dolphin HD or the default browser and when I click on the video it still wants me to use either the HTC Flash Player or the Youtube App to play the video rather than doing it in the browser.

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work?

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
you mean the m.youtube.com? It works for me. After you click on the video, the HTC Flash open the video, and it just works after that.

teiresias

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
just went there and loads up fine for me

Yeah, but does it show you the "HQ" button on the right? Mine doesn't.

And I see nothing in the official video that leads me to believe it's playing in a separate app.

In the video on the Android Central story about it, he says at 2:15 "it's built into the browser."

The TechCrunch story about the mobile site, http://techcrunch.com/2010/07/07/youtube-iphone-mobile-html5/ also makes an explicity difference between the iPhone app and the web-app, because the web app apparently plays back video using HTML5.

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
"he says at 2:15 "it's built into the browser."

Well it is impossible to play flv video smoothly and in good quality with our current flash, so you are missunderstanding, or he is jsut confused.

But regardless, it plays in a separate player for iPhone and EVERY OTHER mobile device including all Android phones.

Mine also does not show the HQ button btw....