EVO 4G Outside Americaland?

Myranda

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
With HTCs descision not to sell the EVO 4G in the UK or Europe, the only other option is the iPhoney ... which doesn't seem right.

So I was wondering if there are any problems with buying one from a country that HTC deem worthy and then just taking it home. Obviously there's almost no wimax coverage so it would be 3G speed only, but that's good enough isn't it? Certainly iPhone cretins... customers seem happy enough that their 4G goodness is non-functional.

Basically i wanna big shiney cool phone... and can't find one!

Only website I've found so far is the best buy site, but that doesn't seem to sell it as a handset only and it's on a contract... so does anyone know where else these can be got?

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
iPhone is GSM. EVO is not. EVO is CDMA, and 95% of the world does not have CDMA service. That's often why you'll find few, if any Sprint/Verizon exclusive phones elsewhere in the world.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Is Sprint even outside the US? I'm not sure, but its great to hear A LOT of people wanting the Evo 4g outside the US instead of the new iPhone. But like the other poster said, CDMA is mainly here in the states and almost everywhere else its gsm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38