gMail acting very strange

gianthobbit

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So for no apparent reason my gmail has been really wonky. First I noticed that its not send my emails. I frequently send emails to myself (to dos etc) and I didn't receive the email until the next day.

Additionally I its not pulling in new mail, i have to hit refresh, wait like 5 minutes and then my mail comes.

I have cleared the application cache in gMail and gMail storage already to no luck, also did a reset with no luck. Got to get this fixed ASAP!!!

Thanks in advance!

rcuswalk

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
So for no apparent reason my gmail has been really wonky. First I noticed that its not send my emails. I frequently send emails to myself (to dos etc) and I didn't receive the email until the next day.

Additionally I its not pulling in new mail, i have to hit refresh, wait like 5 minutes and then my mail comes.

I have cleared the application cache in gMail and gMail storage already to no luck, also did a reset with no luck. Got to get this fixed ASAP!!!

Thanks in advance!

I've been having exactly the same problem. I'm on my second Evo. The first died with the recent OTA update. I didn't have a problem with the first, but this one has had this problem from day one.

I've found that I can restart the phone and gmail will work perfectly for a little less than 24 hours. This means, though, that I have to restart my phone once every day just to use gmail. The process is rather annoying.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
have you tried using a task manager to force close the app instead of restarting the phone?

and to the OP: i haven't heard or seen this yet -- let us know if you learn anything new. of course the first things i think of are if your notifications have changed and also if under accounts syncs in settings if anything has changed there as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez