Unrevoked 3 unlock Nand question?

mrcam216

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Hello fellow Android people! I have a question. I just rooted my phone today for the first time. I was trying to install Fresh EVO but it just keep rebooting and was saying "Freshhhh". So I read a little more and find out the Nand needs to be unlocked. I though when you root that took care of all of it. Since I used the Unrevoked 3 method to root my phone, what do i need to do now to unlock the nand?
Thanks in advance

eric.atx

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Unrevoked does not unlock nand. You need to use Simple Root to unlock nand. You can get it over at XDA. It's really not hard to use. Thus the name Simple Root...

Get it here...

Click the above link to download.

Last edited:

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. But because i already did the unrevoked, do i have to like un-do it or something before doing this method?

Actually wondering the EXACT same thing.

I did the unrevoked 3 method. Now I only need to unlock the NAND. What is the best way to do that from this point?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Actually, that is a good question.

Becuase Unrevoked3 used a different set of drivers than the original HTC Sync ones that other root methods use.... so I'm wondering this as well.

I don't see it being an issue.
I think, but am not sure, you can just go ahead and do the simpleroot method.
Though don't quote me, and it'd be best if someone else answered this as well.

ldudiaz

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I firsy did Unrevoked and it worked i then did simple root right after unrevoked so if i did unrevoked doing simple root will also work.

Just make sure you read the screen that pops up on your computer after you open simple root. Dont touch anything let it do its thing and again make sure you read the computer screen and follow the instructions

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
This is good to know since I wanted to use unrEVOked3/Simple Root and load F!n!$h3R v3. I did the same thing OP did (using unrEVOked3 then loading a ROM) and it kept rebooting as well.