Latest Qik update kills launcher default selection

teiresias

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having this issue? I guess Qik and Launcher Pro Plus launched on the same day, so some of us over in the LauncherPro forums were trying to figure out what was up thinking it was LauncherPro.

Apparently, the latest Qik update causes the launcher default selection to be cleared whenever you do a long press on the home button to bring up the quick app launcher. The next time you press home to go to the home screen you'll be asked to select your launcher (assuming you have two installed, of course).

To fix it I had to uninstall the updates to Qik, basically taking it back from "Qik for HTC EVO" to regular Qik (since the app won't uninstall - even with root?). Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

Mughato

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the problem with the short press of the Menu button. Default launcher selection is gone, every time. Haven't determined which app is the culprit, but it just started and I was at the Market yesterday for updates, they seem to come it in groups of 3 or more, so its difficult to pinpoint.

teiresias

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Try uninstalling the Qik update and see if that fixes it. It's the only commonality I've seen between most people with this issue.

androidjoe220

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Fix for 2.2 Evo users for Qik problem?

Anyone know of a fix for the Evo 2.2 users who are having this same Default Home not sticking issue because of the Qik update? The update can't be uninstalled from 2.2 because it was built in.
Anyone else having this issue...within this issue?