Rumor: Froyo on 7/30

Status
Not open for further replies.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Great well there goes my friday. I'll be hunkered down in my room sitting next to my router hitting check for update all day long now. lol

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I tell you what, if it does happen this weekend, I'll gladly put my foot in my mouth lol. I had this update pegged for September at best.

tmaxey1

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Any former Hero users will not get excited at all with any rumor involving sprint/htc firmware updates. On the hero boards we got rumor after rumor after rumor of updates for so long before we got the update. In fact one rumor actually had a screen shot of a best buy computer showing what needs to be done by the employees to help hero users update to 2.1. And it was all false rumors and misinformation.

I say December. That way it not too likely to disappoint me when its sooner.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
so does anyone know how much time something like this (a major OS update) will take? and how does it work? similar to the last update or much more involved? did that last update replace the whole OS or just patch it? what will 2.2 update do?

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Well let's hope that it fixes a lot of things. As for people waiting who are rooted, are you saying that your waiting only for free WiFi and the 30fps cap? I.just wanna know that's all. Nobody knows what the total package is in this update. For all we know it could fix the 30 fps cap. The list of features seems great. Even the better video recording quality blew me away. I'm updating mine and put it side by side with my wife's to see the diff in video recording quality. Maybe know they can release nfs shift like they been saying.

jeffreykime

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Hhhmmmm.....new updates or break root. Might have to see his cool the updates are first. I love HTC Widgets and am very curious about them.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
yeah, on top of that, the root exploit probably got patched. so if we update to the new rom, root would be gone..

Guess we'll have to wait another week or two for the root to come out..
Just wait for a dev to put out a stock rooted ROM. Flash it and you don't lose root.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Any former Hero users will not get excited at all with any rumor involving sprint/htc firmware updates. On the hero boards we got rumor after rumor after rumor of updates for so long before we got the update. In fact one rumor actually had a screen shot of a best buy computer showing what needs to be done by the employees to help hero users update to 2.1. And it was all false rumors and misinformation.

I say December. That way it not too likely to disappoint me when its sooner.

I was a former Hero owner. I am very familiar with the disappointment after disappointment of the 2.1 update. But there's two things with that whole situation that makes me a lot more optimistic about this rumor. One is the fact that Sprint NEVER had any official date set for the update. So while everyone, myself included, would get all pissed off that the rumor wasn't true, it was really our fault for letting ourselves get so hyped up about it. Which leads me to my second point, the source of the rumors. The best source of the Hero rumors was in fact the picture of the Best Buy computer showing the update. But Best Buy isn't Sprint. This time there's an actual Sprint picture that shows the information. That's the big difference and that's why I'm a lot more inclined to believe this.

saywut

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Almost positive it will break root......but does it matter. 3 weeks and unrEvoked will have a new update. Just hope all works well for a trip im trying to avoid paying hotel Wifi. I mean who does that...

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
This is going to be available as a download and not a ota update? I still think I'll wait for some people to try it first.

That's a good question. The 2.1 update for the Hero wasn't an OTA because it was too large to do an OTA. I can imagine the same is with the 2.2 update. But I could be wrong. Then again **** was all ****ed up with the update. Nobody could actually get on the server to do the update.

darrylb1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
why so much concern about "root" ? evo was built for froyo and above. everything will be so much faster and apps can go to sd. am i missing something?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
why so much concern about "root" ? evo was built for froyo and above. everything will be so much faster and apps can go to sd. am i missing something?

yes you are. some people want vanilla android 2.2. some people want other "tweaks" that you can't do without root. some people want features that aren't available in the stock form. some people don't want bloatware.

some people just want to use the device the way they want to, which means you need to root.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: RUMOR ALERT, EVO and Froyo rumored August 5th

yes you are. some people want vanilla android 2.2. some people want other "tweaks" that you can't do without root. some people want features that aren't available in the stock form. some people don't want bloatware.

some people just want to use the device the way they want to, which means you need to root.

Exactly! Looks like I'm not the only one lol

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38