key ring takes 24% processor

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
So I have noticed that my EVO has been running intermittently slow lately and I narrowed the problem down to key ring. I have run it with the widget and without the widget just launching the app and it just sits in the background taking up 1/4 of my processor until I force close. I don't use task killers but I have had to start with key ring. Anyone else running keyring and have any problems.

rossbates#AC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi there - I work on Key Ring for Android. We do everything we can to optimize both user experience and resource usage so I want to make sure I understand what you are seeing on your EVO and make any changes if necessary.

There are up to 2 background processes which can be running - 1 is the service which synchronizes cards with my.keyringapp.com and the other supports the widget service. Neither should use any cpu unless you are actively adding/editing cards. Even then the processes are very light weight.

When you say Key Ring is using 24% processor, what app are you using to measure this and over what time frame?

If you want to email me directly you can do so as well, email is rossbates@mobestream.com

Thanks, hope we can get things cleared up for you!

-Ross

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
i have used it on Hero and now on Evo and it has never gone rogue on me. i love the app. i hope you get yours situated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419