Need help, cant switch from SENSE to stock android

hotshotjosh21

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Ive been waiting until i got froyo on my evo to switch to stock android. i had tried following instructions prior to froyos release. went to manage apps, htc sense, clicked clear defaults, followed by force stop. it then presented the htc logo on the white screen followed by the regular sense screen. now i am unable to click clear defaults and if i choose force stop it just shows the htc logo screen and back to sense homescreen. any ways to fix this? if not how do i go about resetting my phone to when i bought it. it is completely stock still so there should be no obstacles.

thanks for anyone who reads this. ive come from the pre central forums as a huge follower with my palm pre so i naturally figured i should go here.

hotshotjosh21

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
bummer, i really have no need for sense since i use only 5 panels and i would figre it would improve performance and battery life fractionally since there would be one less thing running. is there any way to root the phone and port a stock version of froyo? i know there are a few roms out there but i would much like a modified official port. i apologize for being soo new to android, but it is much more different from webos so i am still feeling things out and getting comfortable before i go about rooting and such