How to fix 'Unfortunately, Android System has stopped after share photos in Gallery

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro (version 6.0.1).

In Gallery (built-in app), I'm easily shared a photo/video via email or to another socmed apps i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp, and also for photo editing to the Snapseed, Lightx, VSCO, AirBrush etc, by only tapping the Share button at the bottom of the photo.

It still working on last 2 days.

But today, when I tap the Share button, the Gallery was suddenly closed by itself, and the 'Unfortunately the Android System Stopped' appeared on screen.

First, I guess the photo might be corrupted, so I tried to do with another photo(s) and albums, but it still happened.

In Apps section in Setting, I cleared the cache and data in Gallery and Camera, and forced it stop. The same things also done to the another apps like Snapseed, Instagram, Facebook, including the Android System app (it's a system apps; just clear cache, cannot clear data and force stop).

And after my phone was restart again and again and again, it still not works! Gallery suddenly closed, followed by 'Unfortunately the Android System stopped' appeared on screen. Still can't share any photo/video!!

For your information, after stuck in 'Shared Dilemma' this evening, I have to uninstall the Open Camera app (using it since last year, no problem at all). I've no idea either this case was caused by this app or not (after using this cam app to take photos in my office today at 5.30 pm, I open the Gallery and choose some best photos for my FB posting, then the Gallery suddenly closed after clicking the Share button).

Is it possible if the 'uninstall-then-reinstall back' some apps (version upgraded) that listed in Share button (linked) also effecting this problem?

What should I do now? I really need your help, sir/mam.

Thank you.

possum456

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Hey has anyone found a long term solution to this?

This was happening on my mums phone last month so I disabled both FB and messenger and then reinstalled them (as she uses it all the time, and that's where she wanted to share to), and it worked for a few hours then I had to repeat this process and it worked again. I uninstalled auto-updates too.

But unbeknownst to me, it stopped letting her share again the next day or so, and she just never said anything until today? So she hasn't been able to share properly for about a month.

I've done it all again - deleting them and reinstalling, it worked for a minute before failing. And now I've done it again I have tried her on FB Lite, and it's working for now, but I don't hold out hope it will last long...

Does anyone know what's going on?

Mar 7, 2019
Visit site
I've got an S-7 and had the same problem.I uninstalled FB Messenger and tried to share a pic and still had the same problem. Next I uninstalled FB itself and retried sharing.It worked like its sposed to. Now, I haven't reinstalled either APP yet,I wanted to share the pics first before taking a chance on having to redo it all over again. :) :D

Vinit Joshi1

Mar 15, 2019
Visit site
Hey! I also face the same issue when I try to open the SHARE tray. Uninstalling/Disabling Facebook helps. But when I re-enabled FB (Since it's Android's default app) the problem is back. Please share a New Solution where FB and share tray both work together. Also a point to note is - I also have Samsung S7. So is it like a S7 related problem? God Knows.

Ted Chavez

Mar 16, 2019
Visit site
So it seems like apparently FB is part of the issue for a lot of people, but I never use it, I just have it installed because Instagram forces you to if you want to make an account. I've got the issue of having the "unfortunately android system has stopped working" whenever I try to share an image from my gallery. Based on what everyone is saying, apparently clearing the cache, factory reset, and disabling updates doesn't fix the issue, but uninstalling and disabling FB does. I have no idea what course of action I should take, so a possible solution would be greatly appreciated.

M Z1

Apr 27, 2019
Visit site
My Galaxy S7 Edge (Rooted) quit sharing Gallery photos. When trying to Share photos opened with Gallery through MMS, Gmail, Bluetooth ect. it kept crashing after a momentary message: "Unfortunately Android has Stopped". Clearing all caches and data, rebooting, clearing Delvic and rebooting Android did not help.

Finally went to the Samsung Galaxy store and downloaded/ reinstalled the Gallery. PROBLEM SOLVED. Works and Shares fine like before. Such a simple solution, reinstalling may work for other non-responsive messaging programs.

Possibly Gallery root settings got messed up by one of competitors updates. Google Photos are pretty pushy as many of their programs, FB is another pushy one (mine's frozen) but that's just a guess.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

MaRuFAli

May 6, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you mention clearing the cache, are you talking about wiping the system cache partition, or only clearing the Gallery app cache? Also, are the photos saved to Internal Storage or the SD card?

I have same problem.. photos of both internal memory and sd cards are doing same.. Even after clearing data storage, nothing changed. Moreover, it didn't happend when I'm reseting my phone.. but after a few day, it occure.. mine's S7 too

Hi.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro (version 6.0.1).

In Gallery (built-in app), I'm easily shared a photo/video via email or to another socmed apps i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp, and also for photo editing to the Snapseed, Lightx, VSCO, AirBrush etc, by only tapping the Share button at the bottom of the photo.

It still working on last 2 days.

But today, when I tap the Share button, the Gallery was suddenly closed by itself, and the 'Unfortunately the Android System Stopped' appeared on screen.

First, I guess the photo might be corrupted, so I tried to do with another photo(s) and albums, but it still happened.

In Apps section in Setting, I cleared the cache and data in Gallery and Camera, and forced it stop. The same things also done to the another apps like Snapseed, Instagram, Facebook, including the Android System app (it's a system apps; just clear cache, cannot clear data and force stop).

And after my phone was restart again and again and again, it still not works! Gallery suddenly closed, followed by 'Unfortunately the Android System stopped' appeared on screen. Still can't share any photo/video!!

For your information, after stuck in 'Shared Dilemma' this evening, I have to uninstall the Open Camera app (using it since last year, no problem at all). I've no idea either this case was caused by this app or not (after using this cam app to take photos in my office today at 5.30 pm, I open the Gallery and choose some best photos for my FB posting, then the Gallery suddenly closed after clicking the Share button).

Is it possible if the 'uninstall-then-reinstall back' some apps (version upgraded) that listed in Share button (linked) also effecting this problem?

What should I do now? I really need your help, sir/mam.

Thank you.

I've found out a perfect solution..

This problem start occuring after new update of facebook.. And more, it only happends on those mobile which has built-in facebook app. So, to have the sharing feature, it's a temporary solution that, turn off your facebook app. And after sharing, turn it on again from application manager. It's helpful to me.. another thing, if you even turn your fb app off, your account from app will not be removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Missy1234567890

May 31, 2019
Visit site
Facebook is a main part of the problem. But not Facebook itself. After I went into
phones setting
Application manager
Facebook app manager
The top right had an option for "more"
Click on Uninstall updates
It'll go to the original version.

Once it was reset to the original Facebook, the problem stopped and I do not need to disable/enable the app every time I need to share a picture.

Hope this helps!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! A lot of this thread has been about trying to share photos to Facebook -- is that what you're asking about? If not then please specify which phone you're talking about, and which app you're trying to share to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej