POLL: Do you have issues after 2.2 update?

Did you have any issues after the 2.2 update?

• Total voters

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yep
1. Video playback is choppy
2. Streaming is low quality.
3. Turning phone on and between the unlocking screen and the transition to the main screen there is a slight delay.
4. And my camera doesn't seem to take as focused shots.

Other than those issues the phone seems to be ok. I don't really notice a speed increase.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

anon(45526)

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Battery life isn't as good and my task killer has a tough time killing the music app. Other than that, I don't see much difference.

xdrive

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I had google goggles installed before the update and no issues. Haven't been able to pinpoint what causes the phone to restart. The last known app I used which caused the phone to restart was google goggles with the camera function in use.

roothog

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've ended up at No, I think. The day after the update, I had trouble connecting to the wifi network at work, and I blamed that on the update. However, it has worked since then, so I guess it was actually a network issue.

I say "I think" because the wifi still seems wonky. It's always listed as "Authenticating" even though the connection is active and passing data.

Gimik

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
might have been a better poll if you had broken the choices down between .1, .3 and .6. I'm curious if there are any differences between the versions as far as bugs or problems go.

I have .3 and I haven't had any problems.

Spunks3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
im running .3 on the EVO and my phones allllll messed up, takes a good minute to open handcent, and then i get a force close. tells me im low on memory but i moved most apps to the SD and dont have to many installed. battery blows (maybe because of facebook, but it was still bad before i updated that) i dont know if its just because of .3 but i really need to find a way to get .6 soon!

Gimik

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
im running .3 on the EVO and my phones allllll messed up, takes a good minute to open handcent, and then i get a force close. tells me im low on memory but i moved most apps to the SD and dont have to many installed. battery blows (maybe because of facebook, but it was still bad before i updated that) i dont know if its just because of .3 but i really need to find a way to get .6 soon!

there's another thread on here where a hard reset seems to fix a lot of the problems. maybe try that?

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No, in fact my EVO 4G has been great after. Things I really appreciate:

Voice dialing with the blue tooth headset.

Much faster app loading and switching.

Much better memory usage, I always have >100mb of free RAM now.

--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
There seems to be a long list of bugs in 2.2 Not everyone seems to have them, but a significant number of people have encountered at least some of them. That's why I NEVER apply an update right away. Better to wait a few days and see what others report.

I think htc screwed the pooch on this one. They (probably pushed on by Sprint) pushed too hard to be the first one out of the gate with 2.2, and the results show it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snowhand