Setting custom user agent. Can you remove WAP Profile

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty easy to change the user agent the Android browser sends to websites. In Dolphin, you can change it in the settings.

However, in the stock browser you can go a little further. Type about:debug into the address bar and hit Go. This will give you some more options in the menu and in the settings.

One of those additional settings it UAString. This lets you set a variety of user agents or you can set a custom one. This is helpful as you can fool some sites into thinking you're on a PC, Mac, iPad, etc.

The problem is that the browser still sends a WAP profile as part of the request header. You can see this at Whats My User Agent?. I'm sure that's one way sites like Hulu can still see that you're coming in on a mobile browser.

Does anyone know of a way disable the the WAP profile?

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Bummer. That's what I was afraid of. I'd still like to be able to kill the WAP profile as I know that some sites do use that to sniff out mobile browsers.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
does the "about:debug" trick work on the evo? works on nexus, just type in address bar, hit go. then new settings appear in the menu. not sure if evo does this too, but you can change the user agent this way.

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I mentioned that in the OP. However, that only changes the user agent string. It still sends a WAP profile as part of the header. That's what I'd like to change.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non