mic during phone call not working

sincityk9

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When I make a phone call I can hear them but they cannot hear me. I have turned the phone off and on about 3 times and just did a factory reset. Any ideas?

roothog

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
When I make a phone call I can hear them but they cannot hear me. I have turned the phone off and on about 3 times and just did a factory reset. Any ideas?

Previous Android phones occasionally had this problem, although a reboot would fix the issue. Since your reboots have not been fruitful, it may be a more significant problem, such as a broken mike or a disconnected connector. I'd suggest taking it in for service.

I'll also suggest testing the mike in apps other than the phone. For instance, can you do voice searches in google? If the mike doesn't work in any applications, that's pointing to the hardware issues I mentioned.

dkuchy

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had this happen on other phones after using a wired headset. Plugging the headset back in, jiggling it, blowing compressed air in the jack fixed the problem for me. Hope that helps.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

May be a dumb question but I read more than one review where they were having the same problem and it was the way they were holding the phone..

When holding the phone in your right hand some times your pinky finger (depending on how you hold it while talking) covers the mic on the bottom of the phone..... Just a thought...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa