On Waiting List and teased by Galaxy S

parout66

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been waiting since June 1 for and Evo with no luck. Calling BB daily for the past x amount of weeks has yielded nothing. Went to BB today and they stated that they now have a waiting list you can sign up for. I of course signed up. At the same time, I have been intrigued by the upcoming Epic 4G. The main thing I was considering was the Amoled screen. So while I waited for them to add me to the Evo list I asked for a Captivate and an Evo demo. Honestly, I could not tell alot of difference in the two screens. I know about the darks, battery life and such. But I did not see enough difference to change my mind from the EVO. Thus, I am 13th on the list and patiently waiting.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been waiting since June 1 for and Evo with no luck. Calling BB daily for the past x amount of weeks has yielded nothing. Went to BB today and they stated that they now have a waiting list you can sign up for. I of course signed up. At the same time, I have been intrigued by the upcoming Epic 4G. The main thing I was considering was the Amoled screen. So while I waited for them to add me to the Evo list I asked for a Captivate and an Evo demo. Honestly, I could not tell alot of difference in the two screens. I know about the darks, battery life and such. But I did not see enough difference to change my mind from the EVO. Thus, I am 13th on the list and patiently waiting.

Good luck man..... I am intrigued by the Epic/Galaxy S phone..... From the pictures I don't think it looks as nice as the EVO does. Plus I don't like the slide out keyboard and I have no desire to return to AT&T or go to T-Mobile for the other Galaxy S phones....

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Cons: smaller screen, $50 more
Pros: GPU kicks ***, AMOLED screen

I won't bother with an opinion on the k/b since that's strictly preference. If I were you, I'd get the Galaxy S. It's ridiculous how many people have been on the waiting list for the Evo. Giant fail in every aspect right there.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my dad's been on the waiting list for the Evo for a long time...

Go with the Galaxy S imo.
I love the Evo, but you're only going to like it if you root your phone, fix 30fps cap, and don't play high end games or put high end live wallpapers on your phone.

Infact, one of the live wallpapers from the Galaxy S phones can't even be played on the Evo and it'll lag.

Luckily, I rooted my phone and installed a performance Rom.
I even get a bit more fps from graphic benchmarks... Hopefully they can figure out how to overclock Adreno GPU.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I walked into a best buy bribed a manager with a bottle of liquor and bought my EVO on the spot. They put me ahead of everyone on the waiting list.

BetterMost#AC

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Go sign up at a couple Radio Shacks they are getting handsets all the time. They no longer make you put down a deposit so the more lists you get on the better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38