$10 fee for 2 EVOs

bmaster7

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I was curious about something. I have 2 lines on my plan. Previously we both had Pre's, and I have since switched to the almighty EVO. I was thinking about getting the second Pre switched over as well. My question is: If I get a second EVO do they then charge another $10 a month? Bringing the extra monthly charge up $20. Also does my employee discount factor into Premium data fee? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

bmaster7

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the same plan. If that is true it would be great, but I am worried that they will charge me again since I did not upgrade them at the same time. Also any info on how the employee discount is applied?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Sorry dude, can't help on the employee part. But I added the second Evo well after the first. I originally had the 450 Everything plan and switched to the current plan I have now and they only charged me one. I think you'll be good to go.

echoota

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
@bmaster7 I have the 1500 plan with 2 Evos and am definitely charged the $10 fee twice. I however was not a pre-existing customer, which could have some influence in your situation. I do get a 15% discount through my employer, which after taxes and BS comes in just over $140. The discount does NOT apply to the $10 fee. There's all kinds of WTF-type questions behind it, but that's the end result on my end.

@Jerzyiroc Niiice, I'm jealous. It's rare I see someone avoid the additional $10 charge, this is one thing Sprint does not seem to budge on, despite contradicting themselves at every turn.

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Thats interesting. Seems like the $10 fee would be billed to the plan instead of each individual phone. I guess that means they would charge each phone the $30 hotspot fee individually as well then, even though the phones are "sharing" unlimited data. WTF is going on Veriz..... err I mean Sprint?

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Same here. 2 EVO's, 2 Premium data charges = $20. Discount is on the plan and plan only. No discount on taxes, surcharges, other charges....PLAN ONLY.

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Same here, $10 each for $20, no employee discount applied to that (although they said it would be when we signed up, but the people in the store rarely know what they are talking about)

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Damn. I guess I am lucky. I just double checked my stuff online and I'm definitely only paying for one.. weird... guess I won't be calling Sprint any time soon lol...

jcole01272

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm on a SERO plan and I still have to pay the $10 twice (one per phone). I wonder if it makes a difference if you purchase them together or seperately...

kzibart

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the EVO and my wife wants the Epic 4G when it comes out, and we were hoping not to have to pay the second $10, but it sounds like we will. Unless we get lucky like Jerzyiroc!

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Interesting...so technically if they can take it out of 1 phone then can take it out of the entire account. I thought this was always a non removable charge.

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
@bmaster7 I have the 1500 plan with 2 Evos and am definitely charged the $10 fee twice. I however was not a pre-existing customer, which could have some influence in your situation. I do get a 15% discount through my employer, which after taxes and BS comes in just over $140. The discount does NOT apply to the $10 fee. There's all kinds of WTF-type questions behind it, but that's the end result on my end.

@Jerzyiroc Niiice, I'm jealous. It's rare I see someone avoid the additional $10 charge, this is one thing Sprint does not seem to budge on, despite contradicting themselves at every turn.

Ditto for me. Exact same plan, (new) with 2 phones and two $10 charges. Same thing with the discount. I gotta say, the bill you get from Splint is a 100 times more clear than my old AT&T bill, which was a f'ing novel with typos all over the place.

bmaster7

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone for weighing in. I suppose I will give it a try soon. I will have to ask about the mobile hot spot charge to. If you pay the $30 for only one phone on the plan or if it is available for all phones on the plan. Sounds like I just need to get lucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codex_umbra