Why does SPRINT continue to publish EVO ads?

Exe44

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

The phone?s great features and the clever way SPRINT introduced EVO to the US market have resulted in tremendous demand for the phone.

The EVO 4G remains sold out at stores throughout the United States. There are long wait lists.

Yet SPRINT keeps advertising EVO with full page ads in major printed media and frequent TV spots.

Is there a business or other benefit of doing so?

dusty78

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Probably because they had a marketing deal with an advertising firm and already paid of the TV spots and print ads.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
got to keep the momentum going. got to keep the word out there. can't let up! never! never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the more they want it - the more desperate they become.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
What should they be advertising? Touch Pro 2s? There are still people getting EVOs all the time, it may not be quick but some people are willing to wait. Plus if they get them into the store or on the phone, they can talk about their other products including the upcoming Epic 4G.

I do think it's silly to push all the 4G ads when most people can't even get it.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The EVO is their "FLAGSHIP" device..... Sprint has put all it's marketing into and around the EVO... They will soon start pushing the Epic but I still think the EVO is the flagship device at Sprint for the immediate future... The Epic is going to be a complimentary phone in Sprints line up....

Kind of like a baseball team stocking up on power hitters.... One guy is THE man and the rest no matter how good they may be are complimentary pieces to the man... Well at Sprint the EVO is "The Man" right now...

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is pushing the evo because it is the first 4g phone but IMHO when the time gets closer to the Epic 4g release you will see more epic and evo promotions and maby less evo ones but they will show both phones

Exe44

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
You are right dusty78.

The EVO is so hot that I don?t think people would stop wanting it if ads stopped. In my opinion the product is so superior to all other phones on the U.S. market except one, that it will continue to sell well without advertising for a while.

Unless there were some long marketing contracts and SPRINT must now honor their long advertising commitments, I don?t see any reasons for not suspending current marketing campaigns until the demand starts decreasing.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The same reason they keep showing iPhone ads. Atat shows off there best phone, why not Sprint. Just because the phone is sold out doesn't mean they should stop showing off its features, the iPhone4 has had a very bad rep with its issues but they still show off there facetime ads. It's good to see Sprint in high demand with the Evo, a lot of people will wait a week if they need to just for the phone. I know I sure did and the Evo is deff worth it. Every penny of my out of contract price I paid.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

The phone?s great features and the clever way SPRINT introduced EVO to the US market have resulted in tremendous demand for the phone.

The EVO 4G remains sold out at stores throughout the United States. There are long wait lists.

Yet SPRINT keeps advertising EVO with full page ads in major printed media and frequent TV spots.

Is there a business or other benefit of doing so?

Stores here in Phx still get them in stock, here and there.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Look at me.. I am on a waiting list at Best Buy for up to a 3 week wait!! I have never waited for a product before. Heck I can go buy a car the same day!! But when I decided to order my EVO there were 3 other people ordering the Evo at the same time.

I have been with Sprint for over 11 years. I am glad to see that they finally have product that can hold up and beat the best out there!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
The Best Buy near me still has some in stock. I got mine when the White EVO became available and they had both.

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It took me a grand total of 2 days to get an EVO last week at a Sprint Store. If your on a waiting list your not going to get one, be a little proactive. While I was in the store they got 8, when I left they had 3 left. They each had their own wait lists and were not going to call people on someone else's list. First come first serve, go on get out of the house and get an EVO! Find out what time the store get's it's shipments in each day and hang out.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I think that Sprint has to keep pushing for every customer they can get. I have been with Sprint for over 10 years now, and I will say I have been satisfied with their service.

Sprint recently saw an increase in subscribers, and I think this can be directly correlated to the introduction of the EVO. If Sprint stops pushing the EVO, they will definitely lose momentum. Many carriers are having issues with their supply chains at the moment, yet they all keep pushing for more customers.

If people come in to a Sprint store, and there are no EVOs available, they have the opportunity to purchase another phone, or use their 30 period to wait for the EVO. From a business standpoint, the biggest key here is that they are coming into the stores, with an interest in signing up. Eventually, the supply chain will catch up with demand, and if Sprint has stopped promoting it, then they will simply have a excess of inventory. By keeping demand high, they are ensuring that they are able to sell any stock of the EVO that they receive.

Just my two cents...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress