Does having a battery cover affect signal?

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Does having a cover affect the signal?

I bought the white cover from Sprint and when its on the signal goes down.

Last edited:

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
When I take my case off, the signal increases. When I take off the battery cover, my signal increases even more. External antenna please haha :)

Sent from my EVO, the true iPhone killer!

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have never notice this I guess I am not that much of a signal hound if my phone works I don't worry about the bars. Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that the bars don't mean much just gives a general idea of signal strength. There have been plenty of times where I show no bars at all but I can still make calls and data works fine.

Later,
Dave

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I have never notice this I guess I am not that much of a signal hound if my phone works I don't worry about the bars. Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that the bars don't mean much just gives a general idea of signal strength. There have been plenty of times where I show no bars at all but I can still make calls and data works fine.

Later,
Dave

You are correct. Each bar lights up if your signal strength falls within the range of that specific bar. Having no bars at all doesn't mean no signal. it just means your signal number is below the range for the 1st bar to light up.

Big- I have a Seido hard plastic case on mine and haven't noticed much of a drop. the bottom line is if you can make calls and data is fine there is no need to worry about your bars.

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
i dunno, but i do know, i get really good reception on the phone. sounds like a land line most of the time

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95