Help! Calendar running very slow....

painthouse

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Howdy from Texas,

I have many of the known calendar issues with my stock 2.2 EVO. I tried using Jorte to overcome the "incredible disappearing description" bug, and it works for the most part. Then, I noticed things slowing down in either of the calendar apps, Stock and Jorte. I also noticed multiple duplicates for most of my 3500 entries, some with 4 or 5 of the same entry (phone only, not on my GMail computer version).

I thought maybe the calendar was too 'big' for Jorte, or possibly the Stock one as well. So I deleted Jorte, and deleted the mysterious extra calendar that had shown up in the Stock version, under the same name as my main calendar.

Now, the duplicates are gone (I have not reinstalled Jorte), and if I try to delete any event from the stock calendar, it hangs up an sits there for probably 10-15 seconds before any action happens, with the delete button highlighted in green; plus, you cannot leave the screen, as if the phone is "locked up". Once the event deletes, then you can backspace out of the program, but sometimes I get a solid white screen as the home screeen reloads, taking about 20 seconds. It reminds me of the frustrating Windows Vista 'turning circle' icon, where nothing responds.

Also, the data in the calendar only goes back about 6 weeks, and does not mirror what is in my online Google Calendar, which is at least a year of my history, not counting an archive calendar. I do not sync via PC, only through the normal phone-Google process.

Is there a known problem with the calendar having issues like this? I still have the disappearing description bug, as well. I have done restarts, battery pulls, updates... anything I can think of to find a solution.

I use my phone extensively for business, and this is quickly becoming a maintenance nightmare. I may have to get out of Android (I don't want to) if they don't get some of their seemingly basic functions more compatible with the business world. With all the truly amazing things our phones can do, calendaring should not be this difficult, should it?

Any help or advice out there?

Thanks in advance,
Randy

Last edited: