SET CPU app

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Can any one give any opinion on this app. I purchased the app.
How are your setting configure?

Main: 1190 max
245 min
Scaling performance (put on demand if you want better battery life)

Profiles:
Screen off: max 245
min 245 Powersave priority 100
Charging/full max 1190
min 245 Performance priority 95
Battery <9% max 384
min 245 powersave priority 93
Battery <19% max 460
min 245 Powersave priority 91
Battery <29% max 691
min 245 on demand priority 70
Battery <100% man 1190
min 245 On demand priority 50

Screen off is where you're gonna get most of the battery savings. I go literally all night while I'm sleeping and I don't lose 1%. Once in a while I'll lose 1% max. So you can imagine how much battery is being saved when the screen is off when you're not using it during the day.

yahtzee

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm using it and have settings from the developers website on my device...I am running baked snack 1.7 with kernel 6 and can't figure out why setcpu isnt helping much, if any.

yahtzee

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
What settings?

I also dont have ondemand as an option.

setcpu_doc_diag2.png

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Main: 1190 max
245 min
Scaling performance (put on demand if you want better battery life)

Profiles:
Screen off: max 245
min 245 Powersave priority 100
Charging/full max 1190
min 245 Performance priority 95
Battery <9% max 384
min 245 powersave priority 93
Battery <19% max 460
min 245 Powersave priority 91
Battery <29% max 691
min 245 on demand priority 70
Battery <100% man 1190
min 245 On demand priority 50

Screen off is where you're gonna get most of the battery savings. I go literally all night while I'm sleeping and I don't lose 1%. Once in a while I'll lose 1% max. So you can imagine how much battery is being saved when the screen is off when you're not using it during the day.

On Main, I do not have "On demand" under scaling. I have 3 options: interactive, conservative, and performance. Any suggestions to optimize battery life? Right now I have conservative.

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
On Main, I do not have "On demand" under scaling. I have 3 options: interactive, conservative, and performance. Any suggestions to optimize battery life? Right now I have conservative.

Conservative is the best on battery life, aside from going with 'powersaver' (which it sounds like you don't have anyway). It's basically the same as 'on demand', but scales more slowly, hence saving more battery power.

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help, Mdorty. Hopefully this will improve my battery life. I have set the settings as Jerzyiroc suggested.

No problem. And just for future reference:

7. CPU Scaling Governors
CPU governors control exactly how the CPU scales between your "max" and "min" set frequencies. Most kernels have "ondemand" and "performance." The availability
ondemand - Available in most kernels, and the default governor in most kernels. When the CPU load reaches a certain point (see "up threshold" in Advanced Settings), ondemand will rapidly scale the CPU up to meet demand, then gradually scale the CPU down when it isn't needed.
conservative - Available in some kernels. It is similar to the ondemand governor, but will scale the CPU up more gradually to better fit demand. Conservative provides a less responsive experience than ondemand, but can save battery.
performance - Available in most kernels. It will keep the CPU running at the "max" set value at all times. This is a bit more efficient than simply setting "max" and "min" to the same value and using ondemand because the system will not waste resources scanning for the CPU load. This governor is recommended for stable benchmarking.
powersave - Available in some kernels. It will keep the CPU running at the "min" set value at all times.
userspace- A method for controlling the CPU speed that isn't currently used by SetCPU. For best results, do not use the userspace governor.

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Nope...all checked.

Hmm, that's odd. With those settings, you should get excellent battery life. That setting is basically underclocking your phone at all times. I'd imagine there's something else going wrong to suck down your battery if you've got setcpu set so low.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't use SetCPU at all. No need. Just make sure there aren't any runaway apps devouring the power of your phone when you're not using it. The phone already underclocks itself when it's not being used, so there's little reason to nerf your phone by forcing it to underclock even when being used.

EvoOWNSu

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I really like this app but for some reason when I open it to mes with my settings, right when I change something my phone auto reboots. So I find myself not even opening up anymore cause if I touch something I'll have to wait for my phone to reboot. I'm assuming this is not normal cause its honestly more if a headache then anything. Anyone know what I could do to fix this???

yahtzee

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, that's odd. With those settings, you should get excellent battery life. That setting is basically underclocking your phone at all times. I'd imagine there's something else going wrong to suck down your battery if you've got setcpu set so low.

Yes, it's very irritating.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non