Exclamation Point when trying to install OTA

mrdavis55

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm running a 2.2 EVO that is rooted with unEVOked 3.21.

When i try to install the OTA I get an exclamation point with the little android dude....

Any suggestions????

dd

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
This is how I got the update and kept root...

If you have Unrevoked 3 installed:

1. Download stock Evo Recovery image (Can't find it anywhere... EVO Stock Recovery? - xda-developers)
  2. Place the file in root of SD card and reboot into HBOOT (volume down/power button)
  3. Do the update that HBOOT asks (vol. up for YES)
  4. Reboot
  5. Once rebooted, download OTA and install (should work now)
  6. Once install finishes successfully you can reinstall a custom recovery using the same method (a list of them are here: public:forever [RootWiki])
  7. Once you have a custom recovery back, you will need to reinstall Superuser as an update.zip through recovery ([APP] Superuser 2.3.6.1 - Now on the Market [2010-09-05] - xda-developers)
  8. Reboot and enjoy!

----
Sent from my HTC Evo 4G because it WAS the droid I was looking for.

mmmtacos

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
After following your directions I went from a yellow exclamation point to now a red exclamation point with an image of an HTC evo by it lol.Any ideas?

kenlperry

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
After following your directions I went from a yellow exclamation point to now a red exclamation point with an image of an HTC evo by it lol.Any ideas?

mmmtacos, I have the same problem. From that screen with the red exclamation point you can hold the UP VOLUME key and press POWER and it will take u to recovery where u can select the update.zip file and try installing it again, but for me it still fails, apparently because I deleted FriendStream from my Evo. Did you also delete FriendStream??? I have found several .apk files for friendstream, but none of them will successfully install. This is frustrating. I would love to see what everyone is so happy about with the 30fps cap gone. It sounds cool.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Download the Rom Manager from the market. Do a nandroid backup of your current rom in case anything happens.
Then use titanium backup from the market to make a backup of your app and data.

Download the file on the first page of this post.
Put the zip on root of sdcard meaning not in any folder
Boot into recovery
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache
wipe dalvik cache

Flash zip

reboot.

saywut

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
HELP updated my ROOTED EVO using download OTA.zip. Now i'm stuck at picture of a phone and RED TRIANGLE with an EXPLAMATION through it....Can not get pass boot loader screen.

I cant even get to the ClockworkMOD screen to reinstall the update!

Any Suggestions PLEASE!!!!

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I had UnrEVOked root, Simply download the Deodexed Rom and place it in the root of the SD Card.. Power off your phone and hold vol down and power to load into Bootloader, from there go to recovery and simply flash the Deodexed Rom... takes about 5 mins, although u will lose all your data, so be sure to backup using w/e method you prefer. You get to keep root. Keep in mind this wont update the PRI, you need to do that manually, i did it as an update using PC36IMG.zip method. Worked like a charrm.

saywut

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I had UnrEVOked root, Simply download the Deodexed Rom and place it in the root of the SD Card.. Power off your phone and hold vol down and power to load into Bootloader, from there go to recovery and simply flash the Deodexed Rom... takes about 5 mins, although u will lose all your data, so be sure to backup using w/e method you prefer. You get to keep root. Keep in mind this wont update the PRI, you need to do that manually, i did it as an update using PC36IMG.zip method. Worked like a charrm.

Problem is I CANT GET INTO RECOVERY!!

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

I did this method but am unfamilar with PRI?

serverfull

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
This is how I got the update and kept root...

If you have Unrevoked 3 installed:

1. Download stock Evo Recovery image (Can't find it anywhere... EVO Stock Recovery? - xda-developers)
  2. Place the file in root of SD card and reboot into HBOOT (volume down/power button)
  3. Do the update that HBOOT asks (vol. up for YES)
  4. Reboot
  5. Once rebooted, download OTA and install (should work now)
  6. Once install finishes successfully you can reinstall a custom recovery using the same method (a list of them are here: public:forever [RootWiki])
  7. Once you have a custom recovery back, you will need to reinstall Superuser as an update.zip through recovery ([APP] Superuser 2.3.6.1 - Now on the Market [2010-09-05] - xda-developers)
  8. Reboot and enjoy!

----
Sent from my HTC Evo 4G because it WAS the droid I was looking for.

All I did was:

1. Download update from front page and rename it update.zip
2. Reboot and follow manual install instructions (update from SD)
3. Run unREVOKed again.

Thanks

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
All I did was:

3. Run unREVOKed again.

Thanks

Isn't the file you downloaded from the first page already rooted? Why the need to re-root with unrevoked?

mmmtacos

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
All I did was:

3. Run unREVOKed again.

Thanks

Can you send me that file? Front page link is broken, please.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress