Time Zone doesn't auto update?

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm a truckdriver that goes all over the country and I've noticed that the time will not change when I go to different time zones. I have the settings set to be automatic but I have to reboot the phone to get the time to change. Any one else had this? Stock 2.2

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
That's an unusual issue I travel a lot my time changes fine. Do you have any other time keeping apps instIlled? My other question would be have you done a factory reset sense the last OTA update?

Later,
Dave

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I have another time keeping app installed, and yes I've done one reset because my calendar wasn't giving me the options for the google sync. But the phone is current.

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
This is still happening on stock 2.2 I have the settings set to use network time and it's still not refreshing....

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I noticed today that mine didn't switch. I have it said to the 24 hour clock so I clicked that option off and back on and it was fixed.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm an OTR trucker too. My Evo didn't switch over in North Dakota between Mountain and Central time zones. Airplane mode on/off did not work for me. Had to reboot to get Central time on it. My Epic and Touch Pro 2 switched over on their own. North Dakota is a weak coverage state anyway.

My Evo did switch over from Central to Eastern time in Indiana without a problem......

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I often travel between Chicago and South Bend, IN and the time zone always changes on its own. Maybe it has to do with Mountain time? Just a thought.

hawkman610

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
When I went to Florida over the summer, mine updated within 20 miles of the sign saying I entered the eastern time zone. Same thing when switching back to central time. On the way down I was on 2.1, while there I updated to 2.2.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I am not so sure that crossing the time zone is actually the problem. I live in Jacksonville. Florida and a weird thing happened yesterday afternoon. I am driving to a friends house , while stopped at a light I look at my ECO to check the time and it is hours off of the current time. I go into settings and my phone is showing a differ time zone while the settings were set to automatic through the carrier. The only apps I had running were Swarm and Google navigation. There is a problem somewhere..

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm a truckdriver that goes all over the country and I've noticed that the time will not change when I go to different time zones. I have the settings set to be automatic but I have to reboot the phone to get the time to change. Any one else had this? Stock 2.2

If you're running a task killer app, it could be causing the problem by not allowing
the phone to update.

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Nope no task killers here, read to many posts by Android experts here saying they are not worth the headaches so I never installed one.

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
It must be a bit funny acting, yesterday I went from est to cst and it worked fine.... must be one of those odd techy quirks that happens.... :)

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that sometimes my clock gets set to Pacific time--even though my sedentary butt hasn't moved from the office chair. I have to say, I don't think the network time update is as reliable or good as my previous "dumb" phones when I was in college.

Do you have background data on? Always-on mobile data on?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89