Yahoo messenger 2.0

ricketkm

May 19, 2010
Visit site
There was an article on here saying that yahoo messenger is coming out only for Android. I was told that ios got it today so I want to know whats the deal???

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I think you read it wrong. the NEW yahoo messenger update is going to introduce VIDEO chat. the iOS version does not have video chat.

Last edited:

ricketkm

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah.... My brother just got it a few minutes ago on his Iphone but haven't tested it yet because his phone is jailbreak...

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait! The one feature of my Evo I have yet to use is video chat. I'm on the road 4 days a week and can't wait to chat with my kids on the home laptop.

upperking#AC

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Yahoo submitted the update to android and ios markets at the same time. Seem android market is dragging thier
feet an aproving it..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
it's a good idea, but i just don't see the need to see someone when chatting. it'll be funny if yahoo ends up grabbing the camera on the back.

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
it's a good idea, but i just don't see the need to see someone when chatting. it'll be funny if yahoo ends up grabbing the camera on the back.

It depends. I travel for business a lot, and my kids both have phones with front-facing cameras (my son has an Evo). When I'm out of town and they want some personal dad time, they go to their room, close the door, and call me for two-way video chat. If I'm in my hotel room, we use Skype, but if I'm out of the hotel, I can easily slip away for a few minutes to chat with one of my kids. It makes all the difference in the world for them, and makes them feel more connected to me. That is very important to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez