First sign of next generation EVO

stockh#AC

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Highly speculative but Amazon has the first price drop on a new activation EVO for $99.

Is this the first sign of clearing out inventory? will other retailers follow?

Should I hold off on buying one and wait for possibly a new model?

gbm85

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Netbooks are paperweights to begin with. Buy a real notebook computer. :>

Thank you for your valuable input. Let me know when a I can buy a "real notebook computer" that weighs less than 3 pounds, has 6 hours of battery life, and costs under $300. Kthxbye

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Price drops are not always indicative of a product line replacement. Ensuring that product continues to flow into the market is critical for any HW manufacturer, so dropping prices helps to keep the product competitive with other manufacturers! HTC knows how to play the game, that's for sure.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea, Amazon is famous for dropping the price of phones on their wbesites. There probably was something between their agreements with Sprint and HTC that they had to wait for stock to be at the ready for themn to drop the price like that.

SiliconAddict

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Highly speculative but Amazon has the first price drop on a new activation EVO for $99.

Is this the first sign of clearing out inventory? will other retailers follow?

Should I hold off on buying one and wait for possibly a new model?

*sighs* No. If this was an HTC clearance you would see this across the board from everyone as they try and clear the channel for a new device. This is Amazon having insanely aggressive prices. You most likely aren't going to see new devices until 1st QT...maybe even 2nd QT. These handset manufacturers do a HORRIBLE job at keeping secrets. And there is also the fact that they need to pass FCC approval before they can ship. That is usually a month to a few months out...right now nothing has shown up other then the Desire HD, and a couple...or was it just one....Windows Phone 7 device. And the Desire HD isn't showing up here for one reason: no 4G Radio. (Heck I don't think 3G works because its geared towards Europe 3G frequencies.)

Sorry dude, its not happening.

SiliconAddict

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Netbooks are paperweights to begin with. Buy a real notebook computer. :>

I have a netbook, I have a notebook, I have a tabletPC, and I will also be getting an Android 10" tablet when it comes out.

The netbook goes to places I know I need something small and lite, but still need a real keyboard. (Usually at work when I need a ref manual for a printer or laptop, or server.)

The notebook (An Alienware M14x) goes where I need some muscle and a real work needs to be done.

The tablet PC comes with me when I need notes, drawings, back and forth on the screen with a coworker. Where a keyboard isn't enough I need to be able to write notes.

And the Android Tablet is going to go with me when I'm traveling. Need entertainment, won't be doing a ton of input, and basically need to just read stuff.

Each has it's use.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Wow... people are so impatient. I am willing to bet everything I own that a replacement EVO won't be coming out for a while.