Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default First sign of next generation EVO

Highly speculative but Amazon has the first price drop on a new activation EVO for $99.

Is this the first sign of clearing out inventory? will other retailers follow?

Should I hold off on buying one and wait for possibly a new model?

Clearing out inventory? They barely began having stock.

No.... There wont be a new evo anytime soon..
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,083 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Common for phones to drop in price after some time passes. Pretty much any technology product will do that.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

^^^

agree

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

Considering the G2 is already $99 at Amazon and hasn't even been out for a month, I think we're safe
    The only complaint I have about my EVO is that it turned my $300 netbook into a paperweight.
    Thanked by:

Netbooks are paperweights to begin with. Buy a real notebook computer. :>

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NasTraDooMis View Post
    Thank you for your valuable input. Let me know when a I can buy a "real notebook computer" that weighs less than 3 pounds, has 6 hours of battery life, and costs under $300. Kthxbye
    The only complaint I have about my EVO is that it turned my $300 netbook into a paperweight.

^ Lols

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Price drops are not always indicative of a product line replacement. Ensuring that product continues to flow into the market is critical for any HW manufacturer, so dropping prices helps to keep the product competitive with other manufacturers! HTC knows how to play the game, that's for sure.
    -Stay thirsty my friends.

Yea, Amazon is famous for dropping the price of phones on their wbesites. There probably was something between their agreements with Sprint and HTC that they had to wait for stock to be at the ready for themn to drop the price like that.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Soon to be made a paper weight by the tablet Pc's.

Sent from my Evo.

ROM
    Fresh EVO 4.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Highly speculative but Amazon has the first price drop on a new activation EVO for $99.

Is this the first sign of clearing out inventory? will other retailers follow?

Should I hold off on buying one and wait for possibly a new model?
    *sighs* No. If this was an HTC clearance you would see this across the board from everyone as they try and clear the channel for a new device. This is Amazon having insanely aggressive prices. You most likely aren't going to see new devices until 1st QT...maybe even 2nd QT. These handset manufacturers do a HORRIBLE job at keeping secrets. And there is also the fact that they need to pass FCC approval before they can ship. That is usually a month to a few months out...right now nothing has shown up other then the Desire HD, and a couple...or was it just one....Windows Phone 7 device. And the Desire HD isn't showing up here for one reason: no 4G Radio. (Heck I don't think 3G works because its geared towards Europe 3G frequencies.)

Sorry dude, its not happening.

ROM
    Fresh EVO 4.3.3

I have a netbook, I have a notebook, I have a tabletPC, and I will also be getting an Android 10" tablet when it comes out.

The netbook goes to places I know I need something small and lite, but still need a real keyboard. (Usually at work when I need a ref manual for a printer or laptop, or server.)

The notebook (An Alienware M14x) goes where I need some muscle and a real work needs to be done.

The tablet PC comes with me when I need notes, drawings, back and forth on the screen with a coworker. Where a keyboard isn't enough I need to be able to write notes.

And the Android Tablet is going to go with me when I'm traveling. Need entertainment, won't be doing a ton of input, and basically need to just read stuff.

Each has it's use.

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

Wow... people are so impatient. I am willing to bet everything I own that a replacement EVO won't be coming out for a while.